need some web help

(ben999995) #1

I was wonder how i would make it th at vistitors to my site would have to click on a banner before they can continue to another page. I don’t have a clue :smiley:

Also if i were to make it so people had to click on a banner before they can go to each of my tutorials would they not go to them. I am sorry but i do no have much web space left. The images in the tutorials take up a lot of the space.

(Alltaken) #2

and this banner would be to A SPONSERS site i presume.
to get a bit of cash to pay for server space.
or do they give you space every time someone clicks on it.

i don’t know if this works as i have never tried it.
but if you had two hyperlinks on the banner then you might be able to make the sponsers site a pop up while the other loads straight into your current window.

naa probably won’t work.

and i think it would piss people off heaps. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

not recomended!!!

(Bapsis) #3

Agreed!!! This sort of trickery would only alienate you from the target audience you are trying to acheive. As with most things in life, do it honest, and do it well, and eventually the success your after will follow (and if it dosen’t, you have a clean concience of being an honest man!!!). :wink:

Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!

(ben999995) #4

yeah but i know no one will click on the banners or text links if i have them somewhere on a few pages as i don’t even click banners unless forced to :smiley:

(stukkm) #5

so you want to force others to click instead? i’m gonna have to agree with the rest of the world on this one and advise against putting popup ads into your page. that’s just… man that is wrong! :x

there are places where you can get free webspace… though they do kinda suck. take for example geocities. eliminate their popup ads by puting files on that space and linking to the html files through your .tk domain.