Neighborhood Street

I’ve been working on this neighborhood for probably two months, and I think it’s just about ready. It’ll serve as the backdrop for some outdoor scenes in a short I’m working on. Realism is not the aim, but I am hoping that it looks believable. I’ve been immersed in it for so long that I thought it would be good to get some more eyes to look at it and let me know if there’s anything out of place or distracting.

Also, I plan to do some experimenting, but I’m wondering if anyone has advice on the trees lining the street. There are three models, reused repeatedly as linked duplicates (i.e. duplicated with Alt-A, not Alt-D). There are also lots of low-poly vegetation models, used for landscaping and backyard trees. With just the low poly vegetation the render time is around 5:30. When I added the high-poly trees along the street the render time jumped to 43:00. Will that go down if I just reuse one model, or should I move out-of-sight trees to another layer and hide that layer when they’re not needed? Or are there other approaches I should try?

Thanks for any feedback you care to offer.

looks pretty good :). The tree materials are too repetitive i’d change them up a little bit give each model type its own one. the trees themselves look abit too close to the road, maybe some road markings street names. hope this helps

This is looking good :slight_smile: I agree with what is said above. I would also increase the texture tiling on the road, it looks a bit pixelated to me. With regards to the render time, using a single model may reduce the render time a little, but i would think that the increase in time is mainly due to calculating lighting and such on the high poly models so I would probably keep the 3 models. Im no expert so I may be way off here :slight_smile:
Keep up the good work! I look forward to seeing more of your work :slight_smile:
Ben