(☠ Retired) Neltulz - Bonus Utils - Blender 2.8

2022-04-07 - I haven’t done anything with Blender for well over a year now, and I don’t know if I’ll be coming back to edit any of these add-ons any time soon. The functionality in many of my add-ons is probably broken now, and I have no plans to fix them. Sorry for the inconvenience.

A collection of useful utilities, pie menus, and menus for Blender.

Download2

Download Bonus Utils Add-on

Backup Links:

Download from Gumroad
Download from Github
Download from Dropbox

Features4

• Delete Unselected Objects (and simultaneously remove orphaned collections)

• Select Contiguous Edges - Allows you to grow a selection of edges forward, backwards, or in both directions based on an angle threshold. Special thanks to iceythe for creation of this script and permission to include it with Neltulz - Bonus Utils!

https://imgur.com/a/DQ1Z66l

• Modifier Tools Panel & Pie Menu - Show/Hide modifiers, apply/remove modifiers, add modifiers, and open the modifiers sidebar easily.

https://imgur.com/a/wpzDPk4

Pros of Modifier Tools vs the other guys:

1. Enable/Disable/Apply/Remove Selected only via Left Click
  2. Enable/Disable/Apply/Remove All via SHIFT+Left Click
  3. Enable/Disable/Apply/Remove Unselected via CTRL+Left Click
  4. Apply only visible modifiers so “what you see is what you get”
  5. Automatically removes disabled/problematic modifiers when applying without error

• Offset Faces - Ability to offset the faces of an entire mesh object by a set amount (+/)

https://imgur.com/a/OK5jDf5

• All-in-One Tool Settings Popup - For quick access to the most common tool settings. It is designed to appear above your mouse cursor, so that you can make multiple changes to transformation/pivot and so that you do not lose sight of the transformation gizmo. You can also modify the Keymap for this by searching for “aio” in the keymaps, and then setting “Use Popup with OK Button” to make the popup stay on screen until you click OK.

• Normal Extrude+: An alternative, normal accurate version of extruding faces along normals

• Group with Empty - Group objects together using an empty

https://imgur.com/a/ZyTprxC

• Smart Unparent - Unparent an object only one level, instead of clearing to root.

https://imgur.com/a/iPRNLTw

HowToUse2

1. Open the sidebar in the 3d Viewport View > Sidebar
  2. Go to the Neltulz category and expand the Bonus Utils panel to access all of the bonus utilites.
  • Press CTRL+SHIFT+Q to access the modifier tools pie menu.

Download2

Download Bonus Utils Add-on

Backup Links:

Download from Gumroad
Download from Github
Download from Dropbox

Check out my other add-ons

Edge Curve+ - Quickly insert edge loops with flow.
Quick SubD - A quick way to subdivide single or multiple objects in your scene for spotting problems.
Smart Object - Coming Soon
Smart Frame - Quickly frame selection, isolate selection, and display objects as templates
Smart Sharpen - Automatically sharpen/soften a selection based on edge angle.
Symmetry - Slice, cut, or mirror a mesh object easily.

9 Likes

nifty. Thank you and iceythe! That edge selection seems very useful in certain situations.

v1.0.1 released

New:

• Added (Work in progress) Subdivide+ feature, which automatically selects newly added edges/vertices after subdividing. (Special thanks to iceythe for the creation of this script and permission to include it with Neltulz - Bonus Utils)

• Added Offset Faces feature, which uses a solidify modifier to offset faces by a specified amount.

3 Likes

v1.0.2 released:

New:

• Added Normal Extrude+ feature, which functions similarly to Offset Faces but on a Mesh Face selection level
  • Added an All-in-one Tool Settings popup which contains most tool related options in a convenient popup. You can access this with ALT+Q keyboard shortcut

Changes:

• Renamed Offset Faces to Offset All Faces
3 Likes

v1.0.3 released:

New:

• Added 3D Cursor options to Adjust, Apply, or Rotate

• Added Snap Cursor+ feature which allows to snap cursor to selected object, face, edge, or vertice with orientation. Supports any object, or multiple objects.

5 Likes

Can I make some suggestion?
Normal Extrude+ : can you change value to system units (mm or feet etc.)

I will look into this.

2 Likes

Updated to v1.0.4

• Improved add-on preferences (e.g. Added section for keymaps, object, and mesh related options)

• Added a Group with Empty operator to easily select objects, and group them using an empty. Autodesk Maya / Industry Professionals will feel at home with this feature.

• Added Smart Unparent feature which allows you to unparent object(s) one level (unlike Clear parent, which unparents an object all the way to the root). Smart Unparent can also can delete orphaned empties.

• Bug Fix: SnapCursor+ Median and Bounding options did not change the location of the cursor.

• Group with Empty - Group objects together using an empty

• Smart Unparent - Unparent an object only one level, instead of clearing to root.

2 Likes

hi, i had problem when i want to chech it up in th add on after installing bonus_utils_v1.0.4b.
plz helpblendererror

Hi, I believe I have resolved the errors. Please download the latest version (v1.0.5) and let me know if this version works for you. To be on the safe side, please uninstall the old version completely and restart blender before installing this new version.

1 Like

I have updated the add-on to v1.0.5 - This should hopefully resolve the register/unregister errors. To be on the safe side, please uninstall the old version completely and restart blender before installing this new version.

• Added Smart Instance Collection feature that allows you to convert selected objects into instance collections, and move the objects to another scene. Great for creating asset packs!

• Added options for Group With Empty for overriding Empty Name, Location, and Size in the add-on preferences.

• Added options for Group With Empty to delete objects from the active scene or all scenes.

• Fixed bug with Group with Empty when Objects would group incorrectly when the active object was not one of the selected objects

• Fixed bug with SnapCursor+ when using a non standard rotation mode/order (i.e. Quaternion) would cause the cursor orientation to not be set.

• Fixed a bug with keymaps that would cause the add-on to register partially and throw errors and become unusable.

1 Like

it’s work even without uninstalling last one :slight_smile:
thank you so much

1 Like

Hi there. I am having trouble checking the box after installing Neltulz_Bonus_Utils_v1.0.5

Hi, I noticed that it says you’re using Blender 2.80. What happens if you get the latest version of Blender (currently 2.82a) and try to install it?

Someone else also told me that they had trouble installing some of my add-ons on version 2.80. I would have to investigate why, and I’m not sure if it’s entirely worth sinking a lot of time into fixing, because we’re already 2 versions ahead of 2.80. Interested in people’s opinions regarding supporting 2.80.

Thank you. I am now able to use the tool after updating blender to 2.82a. I do not mind the change of versions since I am still new to Blender.

For me it works great in 2.81a on Linux. I stay with this version until 2.83 is stable enough and all addons work. I am pleased that the Blender Foundation is introducing LTS because you never have a robust work environment with constant alpha and beta updates. By the way, i have assing hyphen to Snap Cursor + wich gives total cursor power. Thank you for the addon.

1 Like

Idea on improving continious edge select:

delimit other than angle, eg. perpendicular sharp or seam

» obraz

and

whats purpose of max angle above 180?
obraz
isn’t angle between 2 edges limited to 0-180 :thinking:?

1 Like

Hi Neil! After migrating over to 2.90, I noticed that the “Apply” button within the Modifier Tools Pie isn’t working. Also, the “Offset All Faces” ability within the N Panel seems to be down as well. I know that with the release of 2.90, there is no longer an apply modifier button because of the new drag and drop modifier feature. Perhaps that’s the culprit? Other than that, everything else seems to be working perfectly.

1 Like

I will look into this. Thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

I have updated Bonus Utils to v1.0.6. It should resolve some of the issues you mentioned.

• Fixed bug with applying modifiers from the Modifier Pie Menu

• Fixed bug with offsetting faces on mesh objects in object mode.

• Changed Max degrees from 360 to 180 in the Select Contiguous Edges feature because it was brought to my attention that values greater than 180 do nothing.

Probably just me being stupid. I have changed the max angle to 180.

At this point in time, I am afraid to modify this script because I haven’t been using Blender for several months now, and I’d probably just break it rather than improve it. If someone else would like to inspect the script and submit the improvements here, I’d be very happy to update the script with the changes and provide credit. :slight_smile:

1 Like