(☠ Retired) Neltulz - Quick SubD 1.0.7 - Blender 2.8

2022-04-07 - I haven’t done anything with Blender for well over a year now, and I don’t know if I’ll be coming back to edit any of these add-ons any time soon. The functionality in many of my add-ons is probably broken now, and I have no plans to fix them. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Neltulz - QuickSubD Logo_for_ba

A quick way to subdivide single or multiple objects in your scene for spotting problems.

This add-on is similar to Autodesk Maya’s quick subD hotkeys, so if you’re familiar with Maya, this add-on will make you feel right at home.

Download2
Download Quick SubD Add-on

Backup Links:

Download from Gumroad
Download from Github
Download from Dropbox

Features4

• Change SubD Modes quickly between “1 (Off)”, “2 (On)”, and “3 (On+)”

https://imgur.com/a/akTn7GE

• Change SubD levels quickly (keyboard shortcuts supported)

https://imgur.com/a/y3bA7Th

• Change SubD mode on multiple objects, and toggle SubD modes

https://imgur.com/a/nbJj16D

• Set a preferred SubD Mode and Set an Initial SubD Level

https://imgur.com/a/X2O1D7l

• Pick Best Shading vs No Shading Change

https://imgur.com/a/MejI2BE

HowToUse2

• Select an object, then press (1, 2, or 3) on your keyboard to active the different subD modes, or use the Sidebar panel.

• You can change current subdivision level by using Page Up or Page Down hotkeys, or using the sidebar.

• You can also use CTRL+1 through 9 on your keyboard to set the mesh to a specific subdivision level

Please report any bugs here!

Download2
Download Quick SubD Add-on

Backup Links:

Download from Gumroad
Download from Github
Download from Dropbox

Check out my other add-ons

Edge Curve+ - Quickly insert edge loops with flow.
Smart Frame - Quickly frame selection, isolate selection, and display objects as templates
Smart Object - Coming Soon
Smart Sharpen - Automatically sharpen/soften a selection based on edge angle.
Symmetry - Slice, cut, or mirror a mesh object easily.

10 Likes

Updated to v1.0.5

New Compact Pie & Popup Panel:
subd_panel_compact

Demonstrated using “Pie Menu Editor” add-on. To add the panel to a custom pie menu, add is as a “draw panel!”

Changelog:

• Fixed bug that was causing the sidebar category name to not be remembered when restarting blender (Thanks to iceythe for helping me resolve this)

• New compact panel options for sidebar and pie menu in the add-on preferences.

• Simplified the keymaps under 3D View Generic to de-clutter the keymaps and make them easier to change.

• Added new keymaps OS Key + Mouse Wheel Up and OS Key + Mouse Wheel Down to change relative subd levels.

• Note: If you’re on Windows and you would like to disable the OS key so that it may be used in Blender, one solution is to install the Open Shell app, it will allow you to prevent the start menu from appearing when using the OS key, and it will continue to allow you to use it in Blender

nice tools,

Is there any option to change default subD from 1 to 2?
Tool is very nice! I hope that more people will notice it.

I will see if I can add an option for setting the default SubD level when enabling SubD for the very first time. It shouldn’t be too difficult. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or just tell me where I can modify 1 to 2 in code, and don’t need to spend time to defaults.

Open misc_functions.py and go to line 219.

Change:
createNeltulzSubD_modifier(self, context, obj, scene, scene.neltulzSubD.advancedSettings, scene.neltulzSubD.useCustomRenderLevel, 1, 1, neltulzSubDLevelCustomProp)

To:

createNeltulzSubD_modifier(self, context, obj, scene, scene.neltulzSubD.advancedSettings, scene.neltulzSubD.useCustomRenderLevel, 2, 2, neltulzSubDLevelCustomProp)

Go to line 251:

Change:
createNeltulzSubD_modifier(self, context, obj, scene, scene.neltulzSubD.advancedSettings, scene.neltulzSubD.useCustomRenderLevel, 1, 1, localNeltulzSubDLevelCustomProp)

to

createNeltulzSubD_modifier(self, context, obj, scene, scene.neltulzSubD.advancedSettings, scene.neltulzSubD.useCustomRenderLevel, 2, 2, localNeltulzSubDLevelCustomProp)

This should give you what you want until I properly support this.

1 Like

Thanks!
Just thoughts, I came from Modo, and there we have Tab to switch between sds and non-sds.
Can it possible to realise the switching with one button between two stages, 1 and 3 in your case?

A toggle keymap? I’ll try to implement that.

1 Like

Yes, you have a Toggle for all modifiers in Bonus Utils but it will be nice to see for SDS separately.

Updated to version 1.0.6

• Added ability to toggle SubD

• Added ability to set a SubD Mode preference, so that you can choose whether you want “SubD Mode 2 (ON)” or “SubD Mode 3 (On+)” by default

• Added ability to choose an initial SubD Level when enabling subdivision for the very first time.

Enjoy!

1 Like

wow, its was very fast, thank you!
I will recommend this tool for some my modo friends also.

1 Like

I need to set Initial SubD Level and check Toggle checkbox every time when blender start or its my mistake somewhere?

Ah, yes. These are scene properties, which means, they are stored in your scene (i.e. your blend file, or your startup config).

I will try to get these stored in the add-on settings so that they are remembered even when restarting blender, or loading different blend files.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I will try to get this working. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Updated to v1.0.7

• Moved a few properties to the add-on preferences so that they can survive a blend file change, or program restart.

Properties moved:

2 Likes

It’s unbelievable, I can now transit to blender completely!
Thank you!

1 Like

Hello,

can you relocate Keymaps in Addon section? Because it hardcoded and difficult to modify, it always create additional default keys after reinstall or update

Hello, can you relocate Keymaps in Addon section? Because it hardcoded and difficult to modify, it always create additional default keys after reinstall or update

Keymaps are a pain. I tried several times to provide an easy way for users to customize keymaps, but I found that this is A. way too difficult for me to understand B. way too problematic and C. if you’re not careful you can cause many conflicts between add-ons that use similar keymaps.

I am working on a new version of this add-on from scratch. It won’t resolve the keymap issue, but I will try to provide instructions from the add-on preferences on how to remove/modify existing keymaps. I have no timeframe for when this will be completed.

2 Likes