Senior game artist (generalist)
We, Grendel Games, are looking for a game artist with a senior level in 3d combined with either 2d or with animation. We offer a creative, fulfilling and demanding position in which you work independently in a small development team.
We are an international, award-winning serious game developer located in the Netherlands. We create games with a purpose for healthcare, education and sustainability issues. Our games include both client projects as well as our own initiatives.
What you will be doing?
You will be the artist in one of our three independent development teams and will beresponsible for the art anddesign for that team’s projects. Each team consists of 1 designer, 1 artist and 1 engineer and each team owns multiple projects which are worked on in scheduled blocks of two weeks.
- Together with the team and stakeholders you will define the look and style for a game.
- You will model the game’s 3d assets.
- You will create the game’s production art and/or textures.
- Together with the team you will design the game’s UX/UI.
- If your secondary skill set includes 2d:
- You will concept ideas, designs and mockups to create the necessary input for development or supervise its outsourcing.
- You will create the artwork for marketing purposes.
- If your secondary skill set includes animation;
- You will rig and animate the game’s characters and creatures or supervise its outsourcing.
What are the requirements?
Our studio’s art style mostly is colourful, stylized and simplified.
- Skilled in 3d modelling and texturing.
- Skilled in 2d art for concepting and production art when your secondary skill set is 2d.
- Skilled in rigging and animation when your secondary sklll set is animation.
- Ability to art direct outsourced art production for larger projects.
- Having experience with Blender is preferred.
- Having experience with Unity and/or Unreal is preferred. Our studio develops in Unity.
- Affinity with graphic design is appreciated.
- Be able to work independently.
- Have a strong vision and drive.
- Be able to work closely in a small creative team.
- Having shipped 2 titles.
- Having a portfolio demonstrating a range of work illustrating these requirements and originality of style.
What we have to offer?
- Be able to make games WITH a purpose to make our world a better place.
- Responsibility and freedom in your work.
- Room for experimentation and growth.
- Scheduled time and budget for personal developement.
- Work with a creative and driven team of professionals.
- Work in an old Dutch prison in a relaxed game studio.
Location: Leeuwarden, The Netherlands.
If you’re interested in this position, please check out https://grendelgames.com/jobs-internships/#seniorgameartist. If you have any questions about this position, feel free to ask them here.