Netscape 8

Does anyone here use Netscape?

Like a normal person, I have been Firefox for awhile. Recently I found out that I had Netscape already installed on my comp. I decided to try it so I updated to latest version (8) and its amazing! Tab browsing, ability to switch to Firefox or IE rendering engine, great themes, etc.

It’s practically the same as Firefox, but I think the reason no one uses it is because of the reputation it recieved from the early days.

It isn’t bad, but I’ll stick with FF.

I use netscape at home. I love how people tell me to switch to firefox claiming it’s so much better than Netscape, when from what I can see, they’re practically the same program.

Netscape was the only browser anyone actually used in the early days wasn’t it? or are you refering to the recent early days?

Alltaken

I’m not sure, but is Mozilla based on the Netscape code? When netscape announced that they didn’t supported anymore new netscape builds, Mozilla turned out quite popular.

I thought that they used the netscape code to create Mozilla broser itself, and later on recoded the whole stuff which turned out as FireFox. I’m not sure about this, but I think that’s what I readed 3 years ago. :-?

Btw I’ll stick to the Mozilla suite because of there nice package of THunderbird and FireFox which I used to replace Outlook and Internet explorer and don’t want to switch back to IE suite which I considered as a bunch of crap. :smiley:

Netscape /mozila used the same source coding or similar. i can’t personally remember but they are one alike. i think as you said, because netscape could no longer update the software i think they made the source code / engine of netscape which they code named mozila as an open source project.

Fire fox came along and used the code as a basis to make fire fox… so we have mozila, netscape and firefox…?

Netscape was the only browser anyone actually used in the early days wasn’t it? or are you refering to the recent early days?

Alltaken[/quote]

Mosaic baby!

Alltaken[/quote]

When Microsoft pushed them out of the way :wink:

It’s hard to believe, but IE was better than Netscape once. :frowning:

Ok after 2 days of netscape, I got sick and tired of it.
At first I was amazed at the crazy little buttons and tabs it had but I found out it has many problems.

One for example was when I minimize Netscape, some seconds later it randomly pops back up… soo ANNOYING! :x

Another thing is that it takes up soooo much memory :expressionless:
I soon realized firefox was enough.

The only reason not to use FF is because you don’t want to give in to the annoying FireFox zealot noobs that keep telling to you switch. I hate FF Zealot Noobs!

you should use firefox, and get rid of all your anger and frustration to the noobs

Alltaken

www.getfirefox.com 8)