Networked Game

I’m writing a “game” in blender that let’s you turn a movie you are making into a game so you can play it instead of having to animate each object with paths,etc. So I wrote a very simple system, but I’m having issues with the server sending updates to the client.
All the python scripts are included in the blend file. I also haven’t figured out how to convert the actions to paths yet.

Attachments

weee.blend (144 KB)

Anybody know why?

Run it in a terminal/console to see python errors. Here’s what I got when I tried it:

Python script error from controller "Frame#CONTR#2": 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Frame", line 8, in <module>
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable 

I’m not sure what this means, and I’ve never seen it before, but since you appear to know what you’re doing, maybe this will help.

That error is from a line that is using a blender python api command. So it would not be included in the default python code. My problem is a certain socket function wants to use blocking which means it would stop program execution unless there is a new packet…
This is the error that I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Frame", line 16, in <module>
error: (10035, 'The socket operation could not complete without blocking')

Some how it wants to use blocking but I can’t use blocking.

Double Post, Sorry.
This would work better if I could just run a python script continuously without having to start and stop the python script ever single frame. Is there way?