Networking Add On V2.5 - Development

Maujoe,

Your error is because you’re probably using a newer version of the network module than supported. You need to uninstall the network module and install the appropriate version (see the install guide).

The blender closing issue is something I’ve noticed, but haven’t tracked down yet.

I have some troubel with the actual templates, when i open the chat template twice and start the first one and choose server, an then start the other one as client, the server blend endding the game engine process with out pressing ESC. Could you update your templates so thath they work with the actual version ? :). Im so sorry for my stuppid english :(.

thx for you work ! i loved your first addon ! i was enabled to make a full working multiplayers shooter and play i with my friends :smiley: i hope i get to run the new version too ^^.

Hi Lars - the addon in its current state is being redesigned to use a newer network library. This library adds support for multiple scenes, cleaner API and other fixes (including better performance). The new multiplayer addon (v2.5) also offers better RTT for commands (eliminating a two frame delay). It removes the dispatcher object, instead using a python controller that mimics the existing logic bricks (except for expression, currently). It also uses a nicer API. I will update the main post, though currently i won’t advise testing it.

New update, fixes bugs and merges V2.
Works with latest addon. Check for updates from preferences.

What link is the download link?

can i use this addon in mmorpg game that can connect with pepoles from over the world togther ?

can you make a tutorial on animations ?

can you make a tutorial how how to make other players see armature animations

need send everything button please
Location - Rotation - Prop - Animations - Armature Animations

cool ok if i want to make a network between 2 pc ,how can i connect them together and if i want to make the game as a 4 player,s and one more as a watching client how do i do this ,beside i cant fiend a download link of this add-on

Forgett this message

(Forgett my first message)
I get an error when I want to make a tic in the addon box:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users****\Desktop\blender-2.78-bf7d7bc-win64\blender-2.78.0-git.bf7d7bc-windows64\2.78\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 330, in enable
mod = import(module_name)
File “C:\Users****\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\bge_network_addon_init_.py”, line 49, in <module>
from .property_groups import *
File “C:\Users****\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\bge_network_addon\property_groups.py”, line 3, in <module>
from .configuration import NETWORK_ENUMS, TYPE_ENUMS
File “C:\Users****\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\bge_network_addon\configuration.py”, line 6, in <module>
NETWORK_ENUMS = get_bpy_enum(Netmodes)
File “C:\Users****\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\bge_network_addon\utilities.py”, line 153, in get_bpy_enum
for x, v in enum]
File “C:\Users****\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\bge_network_addon\utilities.py”, line 152, in <listcomp>
e = [(x.upper(), x.replace(’_’, ’ ').title(), “{} {}”.format(x.capitalize(), enum_name), ‘BLANK1’, v)
ValueError: too many values to unpack (expected 2)

Someone please help me

DONT WORK! Installatoion guide Is shit!! Cant Intsll this shit!

Hi Angus, before all, ty for the addon, and good luck for your exam.
Say that, i’m on a game to test the network on Blender, but you know the tutorial are quite old and i’m not a genius, than i put here the link to the .blend i’m working on. If anyone,with more skills and grey matter than me, want to create a multiplayer template and send it back(for all intended)to me here, i can only say a big ty.
The game is a tribute to a famous desk game,needed position and orientation for all game pieces. It’s a pre pre pre pre anything version,add beauty things on it at your discretion. No credit for now.

(not in list)

Ctrl on man and mouse over to switch personal cam
Alt for tactical cam
Rotate the cam i moved with A/D
Rotate the men with Z/C
Shots leftm/rightm/rightm+spacebar(s/m/h)

Bye
If is not the right area for this reply i say sorry,please move it to the right one.

It’s a great addon and both addon and guide work well, if you listen to all.

Don’t say those things,if you dont’ understand the installation tutorial or you have any kind of trouble ask for an help.

Have you downloaded all the stuff from here:

Have you downloaded the addon?

This is a step by step Tutorial for the installation:

After all you must know a little bit what you are doing,is not noob-friendly,but this is a good comunity,ask for help is the best way.

Hi all,

I have stopped development on this for the time being. The reason for this is ultimately the awkwardness in working with logic bricks, data serialization and other aspects of the networking process.

Long term, I will resume work on this, or something like this, and it should still work provided you use the latest version.

I’m sorry to put so much work into this and never quite get something entirely user friendly. I have learned a great deal from the development process, and so any successive attempts should be far more comprehensive

Ty man, waiting for next level :eyebrowlift:, trying to use this version until.
Waiting news and again good luck for the exams

The blender multiplayer plugin does not work on blender 2.78c I have to do

Very Cool soon i wiil test in to my game

thanks a lot

a pity that its over yet and not useable for a full multiplayer game , but respect and good work agoose