Syntexmex "Seamless PBR Texture Synthesis on UV maps"

Hi everyone, sooo…

I am releasing my next blender addon here: Syntexmex.
Which is “Synthesis of PBR Textures on UV-Meshes based on Example Images” (== Syntexmex :wink: )

Right now, there are pre-built packages available for Linux and WindowsI don’t have a Mac so we’ll see about that ;). Depending on the number of requests for this I will either do it or not … . I would also help anyone with a mac to build package for maxOS.

grab your copy over here (I update this link to most up-to-date version): download from github (windows & linux)

checkout the documentation:

The addon does pretty much what its name says: it takes an example image and
can then synthesize a new texture of almost arbitrary size on a UV map. Additionally
it makes the seams between UV-islands & cuts seamless. It will automatically
create a new material from the synthesized images and it also works
on PBR textures
!

A list of some examples which I hope I can extend pretty soon once poeple start using it ;):

Please post all your questions here in this thread! This method is pretty new for blender users and I have a little bit of a biased view on it as I am so deep in the topic. I will support all questions in this thread and also change the documentation accordingly if things are unclear.

Don’t be surprised about the size of the addon (~95MB). That is because the addon makes use of quiet a few 3rd party libraries.

Have fun with it!

12 Likes

Waiting for a Windows version. :+1: :grin:

2 Likes

Windows Version is now available!

https://github.com/yeus/syntexmex/releases

3 Likes

Thank you, but constantly shows error, could you make a video tutorial?

Could u make a screenshot?

The error usually gets shown due to these things: 1. Not chosen a material 2. There needs to be an image texture in the material to choose from. 3. Library size value is too high (the algorithm needs more memory than is available on you system in that case, turning down library size will help in this case.). And if course there might still be some bugs. As this add-on is really new. So I actually need the community to test it a little bit ;).

I’m created new material, opened picture in image texture node and choosen in addon setting, but shows this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\syntexmex_init_.py”, line 226, in execute
self.run_algorithm(context)
File “C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\syntexmex_init_.py”, line 185, in run_algorithm
uv_info = up.prepare_uv_synth_info(*args,**kwargs)
File “C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\syntexmex\uv_prepare.py”, line 495, in prepare_uv_synth_info
with open(‘uv_test_island.pickle’, ‘wb’) as handle:
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘uv_test_island.pickle’

Thx I’ll take care of it. Upload a better version, later. Meanwhile, the addon might even work despite that error if you want to try.

1 Like

Hi @Firmino,

I think the error should now be solved if you want to check it out:

download addon

1 Like

Yes, it’s work.

1 Like

I have updated the addons once more after finding a couple more bugs.

download can be found over here: --> linux/windows

1 Like

any video tutorial how it works.

Hi atekdigital

@atekdigital: I am afraid there isn’t one yet. I hope though that the documentation is sort of complete? If you have any question don’t hesitate to ask and I will include them in the documentation.

The Size of the addon btw is due to the number of 3rd-party libraries that are used to enable the functionality. It makes use of some AI-libraries that are quiet large in size (sklearn).

Best,
Thomas

Hi :slight_smile:
can somebody hep me with this error message?