New adobe technology

True. But I think it has a place in the market and will appeal to all groups. The big studios will use whatever they can to cut corners and save money. And they’ll use it knowing that people with un-trained eyes (like yours) will never notice stuff like that. Thats maybe 99% of their target group. Also I think the big studios will look at this to inject even more realism in their production. Even with the best designers and modelers, some things they will still struggle to realistically mimic.

It will also appeal to the small studios or hobbyist who realize …there is only so many hours in a day.

The only thing is that there’s likely a pretty big market for ‘lazy tech’ such as this (such as the guy who would be pressured by his firm to make a product presentation image every 5 minutes).

Sure, a little kid can now put chrome spheres in his backyard, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this type of thing prints money for Adobe because you have millions among the not-so-artistic and amateur presentation crowd doing the same thing.

The same reason why thousands of people worldwide purchase 3D models and stick them among premade or generated background components using DAZ software.

Hm think i have some ideas on how this works.
There are some algorythms filters that can do line detections over bitmaps.
Combine it with the knowledge that a camera’s perspective is always from the center, one can determine the surfaces by analyzing parallel lines. Then you get a “central point line field”, but like the table those lines dont merge to the center, but they are also perspective parralel, and reveals a lot of their positioning.

If one would extend the table lines, they would merge to the horizon line.
while the short side would do that to, and create a field, there is some logic behind in that we can assume its a 90 degree angle and the square field is at a certain height.
Even if it where a round table, then it would fit a square with specific rounding as distorted by depth.

I think people who like me ever drawn real photo 3d drawing with correct measurements, from before there where programs to do it, just draw real 3d by hand based upon 2d building sketches.
They know the geometric too, converting that drawing math to programming math, must be possible if one understands both, i was more a geometric user, then a math user then. But hm if we would set it as a target, we could have it within a year i’m sure.
This isnt 50 years of development ahead.