After a bit of a gap we’re nearing the release of a nearly brand new blenderseed plugin (the Blender addon for the appleseed renderer).
Lots of work has been done, here’s a (likely incomplete) list:
- Exporter completely rebuild from scratch to use appleseed.python bindings, so no more export files (although those are still an option if you want)
- INTERACTIVE RENDERING!
- Support for archive assemblies and linked objects
- Area lights
- OSL now handled by the Python bindings, so no more issues with oslinfo not being found
- Post Processing stages (such as render stamps and color map/isolines processing)
- Adjustable motion blur segments (curved trails)
- Full support of appleseed AOVs
And another big one:
- appleseed is now bundled with the addon. So no more configuration woes (we hope)
Right now I only have a Windows build of the new addon. Hopefully we should have a Linux one soon.
BTW This plugin was compiled using Python 3.5, so it will only work with Blender 2.79b. It will not work with daily builds or Blender 2.8, so please don’t complain about that. If there’s demand I can post a version that will work with the daily builds of Blender’s master branch (but still not 2.8).
Any bugs or questions please let us know. We’re really excited about this release!