new armature system in 2.41??!?!

hi, i used blender 2.37a and now upgraded to 2.41. i use blender mostly for character animations for my game engine. but when is got the stage of rigging, i founs out that 2.41 has a completly different armature setup. like, bones are no longer draged to their location they simply appear, and bone chains seem not to be possible to me anymore.

what am i supposed to do?
does anyone know of a way or what to do so that after creating a bone, you drag it out instead of having to rotate it to its location? and how can i have bone chains, like bone1, add bone, and its located at the tip of bone1 instead at its base?

please someone help me!

Extrude bone chains with Ctrl-LMB or EKEY.

does anyone know of a way or what to do so that after creating a bone, you drag it out instead of having to rotate it to its location?

I don’t know what you’re asking here.

thank you thats exactly what i meant.

sry for not making it clear, i didnt know that u could extrude bones, 1 year of blender and learned a new thing

so yeah, you have solved my problem so thank you

If you get stuck again, check out Gabio’s evolving wiki pages on the new armature system:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro/Advanced_Tutorials/Advanced_Animation/index