Recently, martinsh and I have been working on adding some new features to the BGE. We are calling it the Candy branch.
- Subsurface Scattering
- Area Lamps
- Logic Connector Highlighting
- Mipmapping option per-texture
- Composite nodes in realtime
- Parallax mapping
- Volumetric Lights
Some other things that we have planned:
- Volumetric Shadowing for Volumetric lights
- Environment cube-mapping
- Scrolling texture coordinates in material node editor
- World normals in material node editor
- Extra uniform inputs for 2D Filters
- Sky and Atmosphere
- Fog volumes
If you have any other ideas, please share them with us.
Logic Brick Connector Highlighting:
At the moment, the SSS isn’t highly accurate (Object thickness doesn’t affect it). After harmony is released, I will work on getting thickness to affect it. (To calculate thickness, I need to get depth buffer from a lamp, which means all lamps have to have shadow buffer)
The area lamps, on the other hand, are highly accurate.
Please note, the build may not be perfectly stable right now.
Please donate to help development: