New Blender/Unity Game Trailer

Incredible!

Still absorbing all of this, but all in all it’s looking good! Walkcycle is more than talked about, and the poster needs some changes, but yes, it’s a project to look at!

Keep it up!

Woow, nice trailer! I had to watch it again after it finished, it was so cool :slight_smile: The story seems interesting, and though in an early development stage, the gameplay looks really nice too. I also like the overall style of the game.
Looks promising, keep it up!!

By the way, is the music your own? It fit the trailer well.

Thanks guys!

No, not my music…had to purchase a stock piece for the trailer. I might hire somebody to do music for the game itself…we’ll see. Either way, I’ll make sure it’s great–music is a HUGE part of a solid production be it game/movie/etc…

Having some musical knowledge, and lots of hours of game-playing, I definitely agree with you: music plays a big part of a solid production!

We’ll be here waiting for more updates! :slight_smile:

w00t! The trailer has made it to the Blender Nation homepage…

In other news, I’m working on a redesign of the poster. Check it out and let me know what you think:

Much Better!
Love the poster, GJ on that.
Congrats getting on blendernation http://www.blendernation.com/2011/09/04/lifeless-planet-first-game-trailer/#utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Blendernation+%28BlenderNation%29

Man i just watched the trailer again…it really looks epic, this has so much potential.
I would reaupload this trailer though. Make some corrections:
That walk-cycle,
In the beggining when the capsule is landing, that looks quite fake for some reason. (maybe its because the original used parachutes to land instead of boosters), anyway try to work on that.
I dont like the textures and colors in the cockpit scene.
When the gate is shown for the first time, it doesnt look too good either, i think it’s the lighting.
So yeah it would be cool to see improvements on those areas, but seeing that you are probably working on the game itself, you might not have the time.

Thanks for the feedback, DDD. Glad you like the new poster design!

I agree the capsule and cockpit scenes are probably the weakest, but yes I have to concentrate on getting this project funded and produced. However, I will certainly keep in mind for subsequent trailers and in-game cut scenes…

Thanks again!

Hi Guys!

So, it’s been a couple weeks since I posted because…I have been prepping my Kickstarter Campaign! You can now PRE-ORDER THE GAME for only $10 at Kickstarter.com. And of course, you can pledge more and get even more sweet rewards…

The Kickstarter video includes the trailer but also a little additional video showing behind-the-scenes work in Blender.

In addition, this week I created a new concept image featuring Aelita. I really like how it turned out so take a look and let me know what you think!

I created the base render in Blender and then tweaked in Photoshop…

This image is actually one of the Kickstarter rewards starting at just $5, so if you want to support the project, please hop over to the Kickstarter page and pledge.

Thanks!!!

Arrrr! Ye be supportin’ me project, ye filthy scalawags!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

(Today is International Talk Like A Pirate Day…)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-T0Uc4JDYSq4/TnepChzRJNI/AAAAAAAAAMQ/zlzn-ttQJ_g/s400/pirate.jpg

Kickstarter Project: http://kck.st/pbebtz

Hi guys,

Well as mentioned recently, the Kickstarter campaign has been a HUGE success! We passed the funding goal about a week in and it’s still growing (at $13,000 as I write this–over 150% funded!). The trailer got picked up by nearly every major gaming outlet and the response has been amazing. So…that means I’m making this game!!!

With all the press and hubbub I’ve not been able to make much headway the last couple of weeks, but I have made some. Here’s a new concept image and a screenshot from an early level:

Glad to hear the good news man! Keep it coming! It’s nice to see a fellow Blender maniac going up!

(oh and about the pirate day version… now you’ll have to redo everything because he look way too cool like that! )