New Buildbot Version from GIT Repository?

I cannot find a new Buildbot version of Blender, it has been stuck on r61240 for the past week (Yes, I know a migration has been going on, was supposed to be a couple of days). Will the new GIT system increment the build version the same as the old did? Will nightly’s still be created? If this has moved to a system where we have to update the version already on our computer, where can I find instructions to do so?

would like to know as well…

I usually build my own, i’d like for someone to make a tut on compiling blender
with git… or update the wiki “how to build” etc…

I’m pretty sure that all that’s needed is for the builbot to be reconfigured to download from the new place.

Build naming will probably follow new way of version naming:
https://projects.blender.org/scm/viewvc.php?view=rev&root=bf-blender&revision=61082

Buildsbots are still using SVN, which is no longer in use (and frozen), so no new builds to expect. Brecht says the bots will be switched to git about next week. So stay tuned!

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Technical Support”

Thanks CoDEmanX

Nothing has changed regarding building blender. you clone the git and to update instead of doing ‘svn up’ you do ‘git pull’ or ‘git pull --rebase’ after that build as usual. The splash will tell you the date and time and the hash number/letters of the last commit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]271304[/ATTACH]

To update the addons aswell you need a different command, http://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/

Nothing has changed regarding building blender. you clone the git and to update instead of doing ‘svn up’ you do ‘git pull’ or ‘git pull --rebase’ after that build as usual. The splash will tell you the date and time and the hash number/letters of the last commit.

Could anybody translate this to ‘profane’ language, I never cloned a git before, I swear!

Thank you!

paolo

I added the link in my post, paste this in the terminal “git clone git://git.blender.org/blender.git” and see the magic happening :).
You will need the Git package too.

Thank you ramboblender!

I see that I must study a bit before, I just succeed to use svn in the past, following the wiki instructions like a trained monkey, now I have to understand what Git is first off.

paolo

Just install Git for your OS, download the blender source with the commands from the link above ant that’s it, next build blender as you did when using svn. SVN / GIT are the same thing as far as we users are concerned , we just need them to download the source. Hope it helps.

It helped! Thank you very much ramboblender, I will do!

paolo

trying to clone it with git and also tortoise git and it keeps failing…
anyone get it working?

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=62799
Looks like it does work.
Empty folder,

git clone git://git.blender.org/blender.git

#now, addons
cd blender
git submodule update --init --recursive 

–remote switch was causing last line to fail.
Maybe i was lucky right in between fail - works; it did fail twice with some write error like - error: unable to create sha1 filename.

What CUDA version do we need now?

git.exe clone --progress -v “git://git.blender.org/blender.git” “C:\git blender\blender”

Cloning into ‘C:\git blender\blender’…
fatal: unable to connect to git.blender.org:
git.blender.org[0: 82.94.226.105]: errno=No error

wtf?? what should i do?

I succeed to clone the sources, I think.
I got this:

Cloning into 'blender'...
remote: Counting objects: 698305, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (83448/83448), done.
remote: Total 698305 (delta 612421), reused 697214 (delta 611590)
Receiving objects: 100% (698305/698305), 219.37 MiB | 415.00 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (612421/612421), done.
Checking connectivity... done
Checking out files: 100% (6490/6490), done.

but, my ‘/scons’ folder is empty, so when I do ‘python scons/scons.py -j 8’ to compile I get an error.

What am I missing?

paolo

EDIT: I cloned submodules also, and now the /blender/scons folder is not empty anymore… strange, but OK.

But, where is the lib folder gone?

Missing: Python.h and/or pyconfig.h in "#../lib/darwin-9.x.universal/python/include/python3.3m"
         Set 'BF_PYTHON_INC' to point to valid include path(s),
         containing Python.h and pyconfig.h for Python version "3.3".

EDIT 2:
if I do ‘git pull --rebase’ I get:

fatal: Unable to look up git.blender.org (port 9418) (nodename nor servname provided, or not known)

Thank you

EDIT 3:
I just found this link updated to Git :Dev:Doc/Building Blender/Mac - BlenderWiki
I’m going to follow it, we will see… (the smile is not by me… LoL)

Last EDIT: I had omitted to download the library from the svn repository, now it works.

Nevermind , you found the wiki.

Yeah, I suggest to everybody to follow the wiki: Dev:Doc/Building Blender - BlenderWiki

Thank you ramboblender for your interest.

EDIT: it’s not finished anyway, I still get errors for missing directories…

~/blender-build/build/darwin/locale: No such file or directory

actually, I have no that ‘locale’ directory

Nth EDIT: I succeed compiling with the default scons darwin.py
I will investigate on my user-config.py
The result is that if I try to compile with “WITH_BF_INTERNATIONAL = False” I get error.

paolo

Wiki is still telling people to use svn?? what am i missing?
:eek: imho this suff should have been fixed before the migration to git…
reminds me of the Obamacare roll out.

You have to use svn to download and update the libraries, if I understood correctly.

paolo