New CG Masters Contest (with a twist!)

[INDENT]http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/312336_510795328951867_63094528_n.jpg[/INDENT]

Hi everyone!

Over at CG Masters we’ve just launched quite a unique contest! Instead of ‘best artwork’, we have made a competition for the best video tutorial! Deadline is February 1st, 2013. More info below and via the main contest page…

http://www.facebook.com/notes/cg-masters/cg-masters-contest/510793358952064

Prizes
In addition to the prizes below, all winners and honorable mentions will have their tutorials published on www.cgmasters.net with full credit and a link to their website.

1st Place - $150 and all CG Masters DVDs (Character Creation Volumes 1 & 2, Car Creation, and Environment Creation)
2nd Place - $100 and two DVDs of your choice
3rd Place - $50 and one DVD of your choice
Honorable Mentions - Tutorial published on www.cgmasters.net

There’s so many great artists here at BlenderArtists so if you have some cool technique or method you’d like to share with the community feel free to join in! If you have any questions just post below or as a comment on the contest page.

Thanks guys happy Blending!
Lee

I have 1 question…2 months ago I uploaded a video to Vimeo and today it still hasn’t finished processing (It’s only 15 secs long). What should I do if it doesn’t upload by the deadline? Can I upload it to YouTube?

Hey Nathan, I’m Chris from CG Masters. It sounds like a glitch on vimeo’s end, have you tried re-uploading that video? Video processing is usually pretty speedy so something messed up. If you have trouble uploading your tutorial when the time comes then post here or the contest page and we’ll figure something out. We’re going to stick with just vimeo for submissions, it’s much better for video tutorials. Most importantly there’s no ads and it offers the original files for download.

Yeah I did try that and it still didn’t work :frowning: I’ll try uploading a different video! I don’t know why I haven’t done this before.

I’m in and can’t wait. Just need an idea…

I’d check your size and format parameters, vimeo is quite strict on this… I avoid nowadays anyway because of this issue, even though you can circumvent by just meddling with the headers…

Just letting everyone knows there’s just 4 days left until the deadline, good luck!

Hi guys, there’s a lot of very cool stuff here! What a great idea this has been! Here’s a link to my entry -

http://annex2nothing.com/rockpaperscissors/

I’ve posted it on your facebook but i’ve noticed my comment appears at the bottom of the others only when i’m logged in only with a default silhouette avatar, when i’m not logged into facebook i can see everyone elses comment but mine is no longer there so it’s possible you might not see it either.

Here’s mine:

The results are in guys, go check out the winners at http://www.cgmasters.net/contests/blender-video-tutorial-contest !!

I gave it up about 5 months ago because I have a young child and can’t afford to slow my reaction time. I’ve lost about 15 lb (~7Kg) with no change in my activity level. My beer consumption was comparable to yours, and I’m considerably older than you are. The fact remains, that weight gain and weight loss is directly related to input and output. And the first thing you need to do is reduce the input part. Over time, these excess calories are stored as fat and before you know it you have a hard time fitting into your clothes. That said, it’s how a person’s body uses calories (however many more or less there might be at the margin of the stated number) since the cals are determined by lab tests and peeps’ bodies are all different. Plus how many cals one stores/releases can also depend on other things eaten at a similar time. Calorie counting should surely at best be considered as an indicator only of which food is either high or low (or in the middle) rather than as some sort of absolute measure?. Advantages of Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice for Weight reduction,Lida Weight Loss Pills, Skin as well as Hair Lemon is among the most adaptable and broadly used citrus fruits available. There are many advantages of lemon juice. Nothing can be done unless you master your willpower. Lots of folks are still afraid to cook fish at home unless it comes out of a box from the frozen food aisle. Seafood is really easy to prepare, and we have better choices than ever. Remember these keys: Don’t cook fish till it flakes; by that time, it’s overcooked and dry. Gentle exercise is unlikely to make you bulk up on muscle and is more likely to help you burn fat. But do increase the intake slightly and then you just have to be patient. When I lost 50lbs-ish a few years ago the first 15lbs went in about 6 weeks. The diet is great for quick weight reduction but does not instruct you how to maintain that weight. The healthy Mediterranean diet is not a weight-loss system per se,Pollen Diet. The Ideal Protein Diet is really a short-term plan for that pancreas as well as a plan for excess fat loss. One of the truly appealing aspects of this approach is that it removes a lot of worry about what to eat on non-fasting days, because the beneficial effects of a single fasting period are so powerful. This does not mean that intermittent fasting gives you free license to eat junk food. Nevertheless,Fruta Planta 2013, you have to know what you are doing to get optimum results.