For our design project, 2 friends and I are planning to add some composite nodes to Blender and we are currently evaluating some nice filters from Gimp. We would like to know which one would be more useful and which you would want to see in Blender. Here’s the list of the filters that we are considering :-
- Enhance Filters -> Deinterlace (http://docs.gimp.org/en/plug-in-deinterlace.html
- Blur Filters -> Pixelise (http://docs.gimp.org/en/plug-in-pixelize.html)
- Colors -> retinex (http://docs.gimp.org/en/plug-in-retinex.html)
- Noise filters -> spread (http://docs.gimp.org/en/plug-in-spread.html)
- Noise filters -> pick (http://docs.gimp.org/en/plug-in-randomize-pick.html)
- Distort filters -> emboss (http://docs.gimp.org/en/plug-in-emboss.html)
- Distort filters -> wind (http://docs.gimp.org/en/plug-in-wind.html)
- Distort filters -> mosaic (http://docs.gimp.org/en/plug-in-mosaic.html)
- Artistic filters -> cubism (http://docs.gimp.org/en/plug-in-cubism.html)
- Artistic filters -> cartoon (http://docs.gimp.org/en/plug-in-cartoon.html)
- Artistic filters -> oilify (http://docs.gimp.org/en/plug-in-oilify.html)
- Artistic filters -> photocopy (http://docs.gimp.org/en/plug-in-photocopy.html)
- Artistic filters -> newsprint (http://docs.gimp.org/en/plug-in-newsprint.html)
- Map Filters -> fractal trace (http://docs.gimp.org/en/plug-in-fractal-trace.htmlWe are also considering an inpainting node from GREYCstoration which is very attractive (http://www.greyc.ensicaen.fr/~dtschump/greycstoration/demonstration.html) .
Thank you all for your comments. We’ll keep you posted with more updates.