New Computer - Money No Object

In my country our government has announced that for this year we can claim a 100% tax rebate on purchases up to $20,000.00 per item. I have 10 days left to put together the specs for a new computer to take advantage of this announcement. What would be the specs for the perfect computer for Blender?
Something like:

2 x Geforce Titan X or 980Ti ?
Intel Xeon 3.0GHz 8 core cpu?
800gb SSD
4TB HDD
32gb RAM

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I hear the ads for that on radio all the time :stuck_out_tongue:

Were you aiming for a GPU rendering setup, or primarily CPU?
Assuming single machine:
If your going GPU, an x99 board, the i7 5930k, 32/64GB ram and 4x Titan X’s can work, would be around $10 - 11k AUD with PSU/CASE/SSD

Otherwise a dual socket board with 2x Xeons would be good for rendering, with 32/64GB RAM as well.

If you want the best render ‘speed’ / $$ then getting a mini renderfarm could be an option, although IMO that’s better if going for CPU rendering.

Thanks for the reply.
Going for the GPU rendering.
Taken your suggestions on board.

Isn’t that written off you taxable income though? Here in the US, that is not free money, it just comes off your taxable income (makes it look like you made less money so you won’t get taxed as much). I would look into it a bit before spending a bunch of money. :wink:

I personally would buy a dual Xeon workstation rather than multiple GPUs. Me and a friend have been testing Blender on our new Dell workstations up at the office. They have 2*Xeon E5-2667v3 and are crazy crazy fast. Faster than a Titan but they are twice as expensive (each one is over $2k). They are quiet and cool… they don’t have built-in ram restrictions and are not prone to errors like GPUs.

my 2 cent. :slight_smile:

I was looking into Dell workstations and came across your post. Would you mind giving any details into exactly how fast that workstation renders the new BMW scene?