New Dynamica Demo

(theeth) #1

A new demo has just been added on the Dynamica site

http://www.centralsource.com/blender/dynamica/

That cloth test was done some time ago by Eeshlo, we waited until now to show it because we didn’t want to additional pression which that video might bring.

Anyway, what are you doing reading this, and go get it!

The Dynamica Team

(S68) #2

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Awesome!

Stefano

(sten) #3

:o :o :o :o

that is so totally cool !!!

very nice work all of you :slight_smile:

When can anyone of us get a hand on Dynamica ??

I would love to do some cloth demo !! I have done it in MAX before with a washingmachine with Simlcloth plugin…wow…would be great to use this tool !!!

ztonzy

(theeth) #4

that cloth part was only experimental, until collision detection and collision physics implementation was completed. Our first goal is to finish the physics and particles part, then we’ll continue the rest (flocking, cloth, smoke dynamics, …)

Martin

(kirpre) #5

Can’t wait to start blowing things up with Dynamica. The demos are awesome. I won’t even ask when it is coming out, since I’m sure the forums will be busting as soon as it does.

(overextrude) #6

:smiley: :smiley:
NOWI’m starting to get psyched. This is tooooo cool.

(kirpre) #7

I know that I said I wouldn’t ask when it was coming out, but could someone give me an idea of what the cost is? It seems like I heard that some parts were free, while others (like cloth) would be paid for. This is from a little while back, so maybe I am remembering wrong.

(stephen2002) #8

ohhh…cloth. I just hope that you are going to implement real mesh colisions instead of just spherical ones like TOPIX cloth.

Will there be support for things that are not square or rectangular?

It looks pretty good, but your test mesh seems to be rather low-resolution.

(Nayman) #9

WOW!~ :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

ONly thing… ball seems transparent

(eeshlo) #10

Nayman: yes, the sphere is transparent. I did that on purpose, I don’t remember why though…

stephen2002:
This is a really early demo I actually did last year, it was just another technical test to see if I could do it, nothing more…
And yes, it is only sphere collison. Of course the real thing will have full mesh collision, the basic code for that is pretty much done (in C++), but there are some other difficulties that need to be addressed.
But basic primitive collision will be there as well of course, and can often handle certain situations better than arbitrary meshes, not to mention that it is a lot faster.
The collision stuff btw is what has delayed Dynamica for so long, there are so many problems to be solved, collision detection is almost trivial but collision response/handling is a nightmare compared to anything else sofar.

(MexIndian) #11

I can’t view the videos… is there any particular CODEC that I need or something like that?

(theeth) #12

but could someone give me an idea of what the cost is? It seems like I heard that some parts were free, while others (like cloth) would be paid for. This is from a little while back, so maybe I am remembering wrong.

No, you are right. The particles part (that includes the particles physics part) will be free (probably with a non-commercial restriction, but that’s still undecided) while the rest of the modules will be commercial only.

I can’t view the videos… is there any particular CODEC that I need or something like that?

They all used the DivX codec. You can download it from http://www.divx.com.

Eventually, all demos should be converted to mpeg, but for little tests as these, I find it best to use DivX for a better compression.

Martin

(MexIndian) #13

yup. thanks man… got it. WOW those look goodam incredible… the cloth thing… I guess I just had no idea of how powerful Blender got… I should really try to figure some more stuff out.

(Yamyam) #14

:o x256

It’s Cool! Nice work!!
I can’t wait!

(slikdigit) #15

yur teasing us, man.
great work. can’t wait till its out.

(Aurelio) #16

I can’t play the videos too. Unfortunately I can’t install any driver on this machine :frowning:

Aurelio

(blengine) #17

hooooly crap! thats wayyy too amazing! the first time i saw the cloth avi i was like, “holy f#@kin sh*t! no way!”…the angular velocity and every video sample on that site gives me super high hopes for the release of dynamica! it looks way too amazing… .with this dynamics programming for blender, it will compete alot better with the big gun programs… dynamics is just what blender needs to improve its animation 100%…

if nan and blender have a future, dynamica will definitely attract investors and buyers, amazing… dynamica might even give blender its future… cool i love it… im so high on adrenaline…and pot… hah jk

(steve343) #18

i agree with this and hopefully raytracer plugin that supports all functions of blender it really will compete with the big programs.

(dotblend) #19

could you give us any details about rendertimes,
and if its possible to see what happens in a realtime preview (open gl mode)

(macke) #20

Blender has no future.