New escher picture found.

cant remember it. can you post it again :wink: .

I guess ā€œThingā€ is doing a walk-on.

He gets around you know.

What! why is eveyone saying its the adams family?
Its the Munsters !
the only person really missing is the ā€œuglyā€ niece but she really wasnt there for the whole show [i think]
The only reason the hand is there is because its a photoshop of the original image but if it were drawn by itself as an inspired piece then i would guess it would not be Thing but instead some sort of decorative bodypart

and for those who have never seen escher
http://www.worldofescher.com/store/jpgs/P26L.jpg

BTW, I was just looking at the first image again, an obvious fake for sure, but did anyone else notice that Herman Munster has two left hands in the reflection?

valarking: I love that ā€œMaster of the Obviousā€ image. Mind if I use it?

BgDM

What! why is eveyone saying its the adams family?
Its the Munsters !

If you look more closely at the hand and the surround background youā€™ll see that itā€™s Thing (a disembodied hand) in the Addams family front hall (from the TV series; the chair on the right, the stairs on the left, and if you look closely itā€™s the same textured wallpaper). This is a great takeoff on Escherā€™s original print.

Ah, I knew there was something wrong with it, but I couldnā€™t put my finger on itā€¦

Feel freeā€¦

I mainly use it for Kansas. I donā€™t give a damn whether his posts are useful or not but they are funny as hell. He gives good thread synopses sometimesā€¦

ok so the background may be from the addams family
but didnt Thing only come out of the black box during the television show and wasnt Thing the whole forearm not just the wrist?
Of course im just nitpicking,
but with this new insight perhaps the ā€œartistā€ chose the background of the addams family and made eschers hand/wrist, Thing to show that munsters and addams are just mirror images of each other, but thats pretty obvious and i guess the real question is which one does he[artist] prefer?