New Goblin Game!!!!!

Hmm, I’m no good at character modelling but for something that is not as detailed as that shouldn’t be up at 4k polys.

yer, i know, thats wat i thought…

um no sub surf in game engine its to slow that’s why its called low polygon lol

make a limit at the most i do about 400-700 polygons and then try to make the texture better then the model

Nah, the main character can easily have more than 2K of polygons.

Yeah, axes are the best weapons for goblins.

Yes…an axe…a big rusty axe…not too sharp either…those f*#king elves…:evilgrin:

Yes, a game where elves suck and are the bad guys, and the goblins are nice and help old ladies etc. I like it.

Without subsurf, and without a head, the mesh with hardly any detail at all is already 1.6k polys.
ok, here it is THE STORYLINE!!!-
You are a goblin and you smash the f*#k out of some elves with a massive ass battle axe.

What do u think??

You could use the subsurfed version of your goblin to make a bump map ;).

Then you can apply that bump map to your non subsurfed model and it should look pretty good. Also, if you are using apricot, you might be able to pull of 2~4k polys for a main character. However, I’m pretty sure if you could find a bunch of faces that you could merge together.

Also, I’m liking the story so far :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers,
Moguri

Moguri-
I might try using a bump map. I kind of like the storyline a bit too:o

:pCheers

OK. reached my first bump…
Im not that great a moddler so moddling a head is really difficult for me. If anyone is willing to help i would really appreciate it. =(

Cheers

Oh the head is for the goblin

The elves have been bullying the goblins for a while now: Stealing their land, their food, putting them to slave labor, and just generally being real pains in the a**.

So one goblin decides he’s had enough; it’s time to give those guys some pain, and get them out of our territory.
The other goblins say “No way, you can’t mess with them, they’re elves!”
But he goes off anyway, to crush the pointy-eared rodents.
Taking only his trusty battle-axe (and a shield? pet, maybe a young crow that he rescued from a trap?) he sets out to do just that.
As his success grows, the other goblins grow bolder.
In time, he is a general leading armies of them against the elven nation.

And for an ending: He is king of the newly unified goblin nation, greatest empire of history. And the elves are now their slaves.
Or a nicer ending, where having their skulls cracked open teaches the elves a few things about friendship.

Maybe a few nice cut scenes of goblins rescuing stray puppies and helping old ladies while the elves look on and laugh, or kick them down. Later, with groups of goblins banding together and running the elves out of town.

Disclaimer: I really do like elves, just think it would be a cool twist to let them be the bad guys for once.

Neonstarlight, you are a legend.
I LOVE IT!!!

That is the storyline from now on. Everyone who wants to know the story, look at post #32.
Thos elves are gonna get SMASHED!!!

Cheers

Oh, btw, just started head and finished hands (im giving hands absolutely no detail cause i suck s*&t at moddeling =))

Attachments

ok, maybe not FINISHED hands, but done for now.

Better hands than I could do.
I REALLY suck at organics.

Actually, they’re quite nice, if simplified.

WOW. i thought they were crap… but then again im noob to moddeling so what do i know =P. Once again, thanks for awesum game idea.

Cheers

P.S: would it work if th axe was the only weapon, like you couldnt switch or anything, just that??

Well it’s your game, give him whatever you want.
I think it should upgrade to a bigger axe, no real need for a full D&D arsenal selection.

EDIT: A mace might be cool

EDIT AGAIN: :stuck_out_tongue: Basically, just start small. He’ll do a lot of his own growing.

So like… when you complete each level, the axe gets like bigger and hits more??

ok, really quick idea for axe-

Attachments