NEW HORRIFIC CONTEST(Info-Post here to Participate)!!!

http://img46.exs.cx/img46/3895/HORROR-CONTEST-RULES.jpg

If any participant needs file hosting for their blend. files
JD_multi has generously donated space in his server

If you want the space either post here to let JD_multi know, and he’ll give 1 user and 1 password for the whole contest acount, so they can use it but keep in mind they can edit everyones folder if they want to hack on it. When this happens instant ban will be done.

Each member has this options to do:

• adding each file to the folder they want, except running executeables on the server.
  • html support, for there own project page.
  • upload from member to the server = 1024kb/s (128 kbytes/s) the download speed is 360 kb/s (40 kbytes/s) It’s fast enought if people keep the screens on there website small.
  • 24/h a day acces.
  • ftp function.
  • even possible to create there own score submitter to upload to the server. (like Nor.J did)

Participants so far are;

wiseman303
dreamsgate
friedbrain
lemmy
JD_multi
Andy83
Gamingeek
fudge
yeshuawatso
FCmagician
block01cube
Skyshark
wessx
xenonlunar
grypho
rep-re-crea
TomorrowMan
saluk
xhyldazhk
SKZ_
saint_pill
JimRayden
pryjon

Count me in. :smiley:

I’m in. :smiley:

Well count me in, I try to make something and use a big part of my sparetime to post something. :smiley: The theme is very cool, I only have to find out what game I should make. Maybe I dig up my Evil mushroom and his mates. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m in.

I am up for it I was going to make a horror game any way :smiley:

erm, school is here now, good time to design my game lol :P. i might be in fried.

Btw what about space? Do I need to create a ftp acount for each member to upload there content? I can make a contest ftp acount, that means that each member has got the same user and pass. Then you only upload stuff in the folder that’s yours. If people hack each others folder, they will be banned :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways shall I do this? Each member has options to do:

• adding each file to the folder they want, except running executeables on the server.
  • html support, for there own project page.
  • upload from member to the server = 1024kb/s (128 kbytes/s) the download speed is 360 kb/s (40 kbytes/s) It’s fast enought if people keep the screens on there website small. :stuck_out_tongue:
  • 24/h a day acces.
  • ftp function.
  • even possible to create there own score submitter to upload to the server. (like Nor.J did) :wink:

For a acount axample, check the link in my sign. :slight_smile:

scratch out what i said, i forgot im goin on holiday :P. so im not in obviosly. good luck to you all, il play the games when im back :D.

im in! :stuck_out_tongue:

what are the rules like file sizes ex?

JD_multi do you want people who want an account in your server to
PM you or just post here?. for now i"ll tell them to post here o.k.
and is there a file size upload limit?

oh yeah almost forgot again, could I please have an account :smiley:

by the way your zombie pumpkin character is pure horror
feel bad for the trick-or-treaters :wink:

Sounds like fun, I’ll see if I can come up with something.

Thanks Friedbrain about that pumpkin :stuck_out_tongue: Anyways, if people want a place on the server to host there project durning the contest, just reply here and I send the person the password and username. The space limit on the server is not set, and everyone has to use the amount of space on “fair policity use” means, use it wise, don’t put it full of crap. The ideal amount of space will be 10/15 mb. People that have 200 mb in there folder will receive an e-mail, but I think this won’t happen. :stuck_out_tongue:

The url to the contest folder is: http://212.123.169.51/blendedreality/contests/horrific (then /user will be the webfolder)

Count me in I have something already in the works! No stealing andy you know what I have in store.

Count me in.

I’ll give a tentative yes :).

Cheers,

b01c

I’M IN! I finally have the guts to join one of these contests.

[ADDED LATER]: Um.. Is horror just the theme? 

I mean, can I do a platformer or an rpg with a horror theme (the game itself isn’t that horrifying) and horrific (but possibly humorous) characters, or do I have to do a HORROR GAME?

with 5 words: Grim Fandango or Resident Evil?

Skyshark wrote

I mean, can I do a platformer or an rpg with a horror theme (the game itself isn’t that horrifying) and horrific (but possibly humorous) characters, or do I have to do a HORROR GAME?

with 5 words: Grim Fandango or Resident Evil?

if it’s in the style of Resident Evil i say that’s horrific enough

no guts no glory :wink:

No worries, I have my own concepts ready.