NEW HORRIFIC CONTEST(Info-Post here to Participate)!!!

Lol, well I make consept art first of the models, so I’ve already the ideas on digital paper. :stuck_out_tongue:

Last night I got an awesome idea about something huge, but the problem I have now is finding out how my main char will look like. I can’t find a good one. Maybe some kids with candy bags. :smiley:

Well, maybe this time I do better with a contest

COUNT ME IN,

Let’s see What I can make,

Wessx

Well, what if I use LOTS AND LOTS OF BLOOD, lets say it’s a cheerful 3rd person adventure or a sidescroller with lots of twisted and dark characters and blacker than black intentions? (And lots of twisted humor!)

You see, I’m not that good with HORROR games, so what if it’s like a mixture of van helsing, medievil and mario? FULL OF GHOULS AND ALL KINDS OF UNDEAD ABOMINATIONS AND DEMONS AND SUCH!!!

If not, then i’ll have no chance. :frowning: Scripting is way out of my league, and the only things I consider horrific enough is an FPS or a 3rd person horror game, and I would need a LOT of scripts to make them work. (AI, Camera, AI, AI, AI…)

Let me know as soon as you can. Well, I’ll make the game anyway, if it’s disqualified, then people can enjoy it despite my loss. :smiley:

Skyshark wrote

You see, I’m not that good with HORROR games, so what if it’s like a mixture of van helsing, medievil and mario? FULL OF GHOULS AND ALL KINDS OF UNDEAD ABOMINATIONS AND DEMONS AND SUCH!!!

that’s cool i wanna play the game already, don’t worry about the scrypting you can fake some descent AI with animations,ipos and bricks :smiley:

Yeah indeed Friedbrain, if you people feel really stuck on ai, I got some simple sources to help you. :stuck_out_tongue: Btw try using collision and ray sensors to create nice AI in your games. 8)

im in, whoever i do not know if i can meet the deadline. i will try or present what i have at the time i guess. are we alowed to create teams or work with other people?

xenonlunar wrote

are we alowed to create teams or work with other people?

that’s a good question, i knew i was missing something when i wrote the rules for the contest…let’s see what everyone else thinks about this…
(although that would have to be organized in a total different way i think).

Work,Work…
more work?
…“Peon(Warcraft)”

If teams enter the contest would really need to be split into 2 catagories for the judging, individual games and team games.

Personally I wouldn’t mind this, but I’ll be working alone on my project.

I think this is a good excuse to start a game so…

Count me In !!!

I will need some server space :slight_smile:

Jd-multi said something about space for the people joining… read the posts i think it is there

when i asked about if teams were ok i didnt mean taking everyone here on the forums that is in the contest and creating teams. i was actually thinking more along the lines of outside help cuz i got a friend who has just started using blender i would like his help but i didnt want to be unfair and have the only game made by 2 or more people. altho i bet alot of people will be sharing scripts or textures so i guess in a way everyone will be having outside help.

xenonlunar, it’s allright if people help you on your game. as long as you’re the one doing the actual creative process. :wink:

“Creativity is 99% perspiration
and 1% inspiration”
…Thomas Edison…

Gaminggeek: I added a map with your name to the server. Notice that you can edit everyones his content. Try to only use your own map, if there’s a proof you messed up another user folder, we have to take actions.

Check your private message, I send the info to you. Use it but don’t abuse it. 8)

I’d like to try this one out.

I have over a month to do it so there’s no excuse really. Not too late am I? :frowning:

I need some server space too. How does this thing work?

i am currently working on a horror game, but it wont be finnished in time.

Anyone can enter the contest as long as is before the deadline, and the deadline still applies.

NOR.J wrote

i am currently working on a horror game, but it wont be finnished in time.

are you talking about that game demo you showed us before with the nice shadow scrypt ? can’t wait to play it when is done :smiley:

No. that game is on hold thil this game is finnished. :slight_smile:

Nice to see we have many participants. I’m looking forward to seeing the results. With this much time allocated there should be some excellent entries ;).