New Mouse Gestures Script

Hi, I have fixed the scriptlink problem and reacting incorrectly, Ill make it so a draw less then 10px dosent do anytrhing.

Im coding a better Fly mode as an example of a menu item :).

• So you can navigate your scene like in quake.
  • Cam

Very cool… i was just testing the script in the machine im right now and it DO reacts to very short strokes… so nevermid the request above

Better fly mode will be great… it´s kinda useless in the actual state… good luck with that

Do you know if its posible to draw blender controls right in the 3d view? I need some sliders for a mix particle settings tool im working on… like the “breed” option in some sinths… Thanks

I tried out the newest script and noticed that when i press Ctrl+z, Blender crashes. I am using 2.37a (Intel build) version for Windows of Blender.

I think it would be neat if the commands were easily configurable and there were own “command circle” for each mode and it would contain the configured commands there.

You shoud post a bug report for this.

Updates on the last page.

• Single clicks are passed a to the 3d view.
  • Fixed a bug where the size of the panels scaled the menu and made the mouse offset incorrect.
  • made neater scriptlinking setup- script just runs self as a scriptlink.- you must have the script called new_gestures.py as the Blender text name.
  • seperated code more logicaly,
  • Removed fly mode- its now its own script.
  • Added automatic vector generatuion for menu items so they will always be evenly spaced.
  • Menu items are sorted by name.
  • Cam

Mariano. wold you mind if I put this on my website? giving your the credit of originator?

• Cheers
    Cam

This code could well be used for “user defined hotkeys” that so many people have asked for. Instead of physical keys they could be clickable, with some GUI-way to configure which hotkey function it’ll own.

%<

No problem cam… It will be a cool adition to the already great scripts in your site… feel free to add it :slight_smile:

I usually disappear from the net for some long periods (living almost in the country side) so it will be great if you mantain this

see you around mate :slight_smile: and great work again

I was thinking in that too… too bad certain key do not work… if that is fixed wont be a problem to make a “customize hot keys” interface… :slight_smile:

To Cambo… it will be cool if while pressing left button and the gestures weel is on the screen… a tap in right button will switch another set of actions… lets say scale became alt S… rotate became rotate trackball

Changing key shortcuts isnt something that interests me much.

My Rationale is that custom keyshortcuts are mainly usefull for features not alredy accessable by keys. (I use the gimps customizable key shortcuts to speed up spesific workflows)

At the moment we cant set menu item selection in Python, so thos isnt possible.

An exception to this is that functions using more then 1 key could be added in, but this still limits us to functions that dont show up menues.

• If we can work around the menu issue then the sky’s the limit :slight_smile:

I possible solution would be to add key shortcuts into Broken’s toolbar, mabe Ctrl+Shift+(0-9), then users could addd macro like accsess to these functions. still, hendling menus will be needed.

• Cam

In the few scripts I’ve done, there was one (maybe still saved on a CD somewhere) which captured keyboard events and could be associated to any action through a dictionnary… surely not the smartest way, I’m a big newbie in coding.

The script you guys got here is really neat! thanks!

Dani

(is there a way to uncompile a *.pyc file?)

Hi
I’m trying the new gestures script with cambo’s very nice modifications but can’t get it to work. I open the script in the text editor and then
(view-space handler scriprts-event: new_gestures.py) but all i have is the ordinary gestures. No cyan cycle, no text. Any ideas?

Also i’m trying the thumbnail_browser script but an error occurs…
I’ve installed image magick win32 version.

my system:

win98se
intel PIII 500
blender 2.37a
python 2.3.5

Here are blender window messages for the
thumpnail_browser and new_gestures python scripts respectively:

Using Python version 2.3
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “<string>”, line 21, in ?
NameError: name ‘Draw’ is not defined

File “new_gestures.py”, line 296
if mouseRelDirVec.length > RADIAL_LIMIT or
^
SyntaxError: invalid token

Very nice script. I think I’ll keep this one.

Koba

The console say:

DeprecationWarning: integer argument expected, got float

This is on latest CVS and Cambo´s Script