Im about to buy a new PC. Well, i mainly want to use Blender on it so i wanna match up my system as much as possible. I like to ask for help, so i will not make any errors and have a nice and clean start.
First things first, the PC. I have a 1.5k€ limit, with this current setup im still 300€ below. So there is some space to change things until i have the final result.
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2000GB, SATA 6Gb/s (ST2000DM001)
Samsung SSD 840 Series 120GB, 2.5", SATA 6Gb/s (MZ-7TD120BW)
Intel Xeon E3-1245V2, 4x 3.40GHz, Sockel-1155, boxed (BX80637E31245V2)
G.Skill Ares DIMM Kit 16GB PC3-12800U CL10-10-10-30 (DDR3-1600) (F3-1600C10D-16GAO)
Point of View GeForce GTX 660, 2GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort (VGA-660-A1-2048)
Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H, H77 (dual PC3-12800U DDR3)
Dell UltraSharp U2412M schwarz, 24"
LG Electronics GH24NS95 schwarz, SATA, bulk (GH24NS95.AUAA10B)
Xigmatek Asgard Pro (CCC-AE37BS-U02)
be quiet! Straight Power E9 450W ATX 2.3 (E9-450W/BN191)
Microsoft: Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit, DSP/SB, 1er-Pack, labeled (deutsch)
I got this setup by posting a request in another forums so it should work and match well. However, i want to cross check and ask experienced Users (especially experienced in working with blender) about any suggestions they might share with me.
Im not very experienced in hardware stuff and there are some points im still clueless. So i start with some questions here:
• #1: General: Will the stated setup above works well with rendering software like Blender? What is your opinion/rating on that system?
• #2: GPU: It seems that there are many differend variations on the graphic card available, that differ slightly in names, prices and so on, even if the basic model name is identical (GeForce GTX 660). So which one should i choose or are they basically all the same so it doesnt matter that much?
• #3: Cooling: Should i take more attentiion on this point or is the stated hardware adequate to take care of that? If not, what can i do to improve possible cooling issues?
• #4: OS: Is that Windows 7 version ok or will i need an other version?
• #5: Any other things i should be aware of or any hardware that i should change in my setup?
After that is done i will need to set my system up. Since this PC is mosly for rendering i would like to tune it in that direction. Again, i wanna ask for opinions from experienced users to get the maximum out of it.
• #6: OS: I will check other forums to instal it clean and tune it a bit. However, please add a coment if there is anything in particular i should take care of.
• #7: Drivers: Well, i would just download the newest drivers and instal like recommended, starting with mainboard, graphic card, then others. Is there anything i should be aware of please let me know. ^^’
• #8: Software: I don’t wanna add unnecessary stuff. What (and what versions) do i really need and what do i not need? (like MS frameworks, librarys, c++ etc.)
And thats it for now. I hope that you guys can help me out on some issues. Anyways, thank you for reading!