New realtime refraction method!

The first image, where objects are invisible, is used as a texture for these same objects on the second image. The second one is shown.(containing the first, as a texture)

Can anyone give any tips to get the mapping right in the nodes?? (As it uses view coordinates not UV) I created my own version of it and it works fine but I can’t get, for the life of me, the mapping right so its always out of sync with the background, that’s some REALLY tedious and frustrating stuff, I don’t know how the creator got it down to the point, I have been trying for so long now…Any help will be appreciated…

UPDATE:
Nevermind I got it to work, but I have to say,if used carelessly, it can get really performance heavy really quickly.!!!

With low focal lengths you get really noticeable perspective distortion around the edges of your view, does anyone now of a method to correct this?

When using mapping nodes I heard that using vector instead of point type mapping can give a performance increase. But you can’t use location, only scale and maybe rotation.

Hello everybody,

First of all: Thank you Fluppi393, your file was a really good resource for learning!!! I applied the heathaze as the exhaust of a jet engine, by emitting planes (set to halo)

Here is a Demo blend (BGE_Engine_Exhaust.blend (786 KB)) and some screenshots:

It works by emitting a “particle” (the plane from original file in first post) which is set to “dynamic” and emitted by an Empty at the exhausts exit. The plane has a mass of 1kg and reacts to a force of something greater than gravity to go up, since it’s hot gas. The particle dies either after a predefined lifetime or when it hits something.

If somebody uses this and has ideas for improvement, just let me know.
Enjoy!