New Render Window in Blender | Video & Feature Request Discussion

Oh wow … very good feature request and it shows the shortcomings of the current solution pretty well.
Crazy how we all learned to live with it, using workarounds, and ignore how insane the current solution is.
Lets change that please.

2 Likes

thank you for your feedback! It was discussed with another member, who suggested that instead of creating a new window, we could add another mode in the image editor drop-down. Along with paint and mask, to add render. Is that something that would make more sense to you?

thank you Manuel, glad you find it useful!

The updated proposition, with 5 new features requested by the community, has been submitted to right-click select:

You can up-vote if you want to support it!

@KarimJoseph: please put this on the devtalk forum too, and not just on RightClick.
At the first one there’s at least the chance some developer eyeballs seeing it. :wink:

rob

2 Likes

I did, thank you for the suggestion Rob. Let’s see how it goes!

1 Like

Here is the link for more hearts:

2 Likes

Very nice… in fact it’s strange that such stuff are not part of Blender already. For example showing Zoom percentage look as little trifle, but for someone who use other software before this is … normal stuff to have.

3 Likes

To all that visit this thread and agree on all of the above, please add your voice to the devtalk thread, or it will disappear into the flow of things.

cheers!

rob

2 Likes

Last nigh I fire up C4D to check some old projects… C4D have such features like forever. Very useful. Life is full of “simple - little” stuff which you never notice, but when they disappear, you become aware of his importance. Render window is one of this stuff… this will not change nothing drastically, but most of people will become familiar with this function in second, like they use it entire life.
So every time I use C4D it remind me how Blender render window is incomplete. Other renders like Vray, Corona, Arnold… have his own render window with bunch of functions, in C4D I use it with combination with C4D native render window. I really hope that this will be part of Blender soon.

2 Likes

hello everyone here is a status update on our proposition:

It has now entered the current top 10 open propositions on right-click select. When filtering for “top” and development status “open”.

As of now we have not received feedback from the developers. I will keep you all updated if I hear anything. Thanks to everyone who up-voted!

4 Likes