NEW SCRIPT: Slow down / speed up IPOs UPDATED v1_00

I like this script. But I have an idea for it. I was looking for a script that would slow down everything in the scene. But this script only slows down the selected objects’ IPOs. This is what I would do: I would add a checkbox saying e. g. “Use on all IPOs” that would cause the script also cycle through all Material IPOs and Camera IPOs (and every IPO that is missing, including the World IPO). What do you think about that?

OK, I’ve done it :). Here it is: http://ondra.cifka.com/oos/IPOStretcher-all.zip

You have to add a new line at the end of your IPOStretcherSettings.txt containing:

If you select “Use on all IPOs,” it will ignore the selection and use all IPOs.

You could add a menu to select which IPOs (or IPO curves) will be affected. (I started scripting in Blender today, I don’t know how to do it.)

Spule (and gwenouille) - I was thinking of a change to the script similar to this yesterday, but not to ignore the selection set, but rather to use every IPO for the selection set (material, shape keys).
Right now the script ignores objects, even if they are selected, if they are on an inactive layer. Really annoying for me when trying to tweak the timings of several objects which are animated from layer to layer. Would be nice if the script could ignore the current layer state, and just work on the selection - with an option to use all IPOs, or just the Object IPO.
Otherwise I love this script…saves a lot of time.

tried your script Spule, and it crashed before the gui/popup even was drawn:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 52, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

I had this idea also - and this is a feature that could be extended and included in the main branch of Blender - allowing saved selection sets.

For this script, I imagine it as a toggle to “use previous selection” - since it’s already been stored in a variable (and save it to a different variable so it doesn’t get reset the next time the script is run).

Also - a nice feature would be to have the script load as a UI in the script window, instead of a popup - since when adjusting timings of a complex animation, several different selection sets need to be made. It would be nice if I didn’t have to go through the menu to select the script every time.

But I do, and I use the script several times a day!!

hmmm, does anyone have a download link for this cool script? please

http://loklomedia.com/blender/IPOStretcher0_97.py.zip

nice… thanks dschnell289! :slight_smile:

Hi everyone !
I noticed some activity here recently, so I thought I could update my script a little.
In the same time, I have created the most minimalist of webpage to host my Blender-scripts.

Here it is.

The site is a few hours old: it will get better ! I am sorry Polorix is down, but it triggered me to move on…

The script is a bit better now: see there for more infos.

Bye !
Gwen

thanks for the script update, this is quite a useful tool. again, the update and the sharing of it is much appreciated Gwenouille! :slight_smile:

Im sorry, I cant download this code and I reeeaaally need it!
I need it so much that I created an account here just to tell you.
Please can somebody download this file and send it to me at:
[email protected]
Thank You.