New softbody features in CVS

Hi, we are getting self collision and rigidity into CVS softbodies, very very cool:eek:

Still downloading rigidity, but that self collision one made me laugh for some insane reason.

Ooooooooooooooooooooh, must have, must have now:D

I wonder what uses the rigidity will have?

Self collision will be invaluable for doing stuff like folds in cloth or shirts swaying in the breeze.

Hey Very cool!
thanks for taking the time to put these up here!
Blender just keeps getting cooler and cooler.

Funny.
I did a rigidity test almost a year ago when we were bouncing cubes with the new dynamic features.
All you had to do was apply softbodies to it and be very careful about the weight of the corners.
In what way is this easier or better?
P

ha ha, look at this, funny :stuck_out_tongue:

Log:
New softbody option: adjustable rigidity.
Gives local structure stability for tough fabrics, thin steelplates …
even suzanne gets pretty crash resistant that way.
If non zero it not only adds diagonals but all other “2edge-wide” springs
so it somehow replaces stiff quads for meshes too.

BM

WOOOW an honor to have you here sir, I´m embarrassed you saw my simple tests :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks a lot for these features!

What is rigidity, anyway? Sorry for my ignorance, but all of us are ignorant in some way.

bjornmose just told us what it is.

Oh, sorry about that.

OK So another ignorant question. I’ve been using blender for about a year and a half and now I’m finally going to get my question answered. What is CVS. Because whatever it is I’d really like to know. I was trying to get the softbody modifier to do self collision the other day and wasn’t succeeding. Needless to say, I want that sosftbody self collision. Is there some way for me to get a hold of it or what?

this forum has a search engine
ponk->
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18623