New texture pack (update 7) *July 5, 2008 (old file fixed)

uhh hi! great textures man! is it ok if we use some of these for our game?

Yes, these are free to use in your games.

-nick

Wow, great update, i like the new rock textures. They aren’t as repetative as the other ones.

New update, check original thread.

S W E E T …ty :slight_smile:

Wow, I didn’t realize how long I haven’t updated this. Well, to show you what I’m doing now; I’m working on generating normal maps for all of the textures. It’s turning out pretty good, although, I wish I had chosen a higher res for the textures to begin with, but it doesn’t matter now. I also plan on repainting some of the textures and replacing them. Anyways, as it stands, here is a preview of normal maps in BGE.

I plan on designing a small scene to show all these images in action.

peace,
-nick

Attachments

nice job keep it up

New Update is finished, check the first thread.

-nick

I’m going to go through a major repaint of these textures. I’ll probably end up with only half of the number, but I’m going to upgrade to 512x512 textures.

Let’s all say yay for 512x512

Peace,
-nick

I’m having trouble downloading these. Also, if I find some time I would love to contribute. In the meantime, you welcome to assimilate some of my old textures into your pack. http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=85710

Resize them if you wish, just give me some credit.

I’m so sorry for the late reply, it’s so hard to juggle things. Those will be placed into the new and improved 512x512 pack. Once I get time. I’m very busy right now. Thank you so much though. It takes a load off of repainting allot of textures.

EDIT: crud, none of the links work. Could you re-upload the file?

peace,
-nick

May I submit a brick texture??
Here you go:
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii308/Pureblendage/th_BrickTex.png

Here’s the .png version (256x256)

Attachments

the link doesn’t work. I click on it and it tells me

“Invalid download session. Please initialize download session again.”

May I submit a brick texture??
Here you go:

Yes, and any more I will accept.

the link doesn’t work. I click on it and it tells me

“Invalid download session. Please initialize download session again.”

Don’t worry, I’ll fix the link soon. Please be patient. I’ve got allot on my plate right now.

peace,
-nick

Sorry, I suppose they are a tad old. I’ll re-upload as soon as I get a chance.

Yeah the link doesnt work… NICK! anytime you need somewhere to host stuff like this let me know. Ill host it for you. I have my own server!

Peace
Terry

Yeah the link doesnt work… NICK! anytime you need somewhere to host stuff like this let me know. Ill host it for you. I have my own server!

Peace
Terry

I will actually take you up on that offer.

Just so you guys know, along with all of Dim’s (and Túrin’s) new textures, I have finished 12 grass textures. They are all photorealistic, as they include composited photos, along with some painting (I should say allot of painting).

I’ll post a preview as soon as I get time, right now I’ve got to go do some more work.

peace,
-nick

Hey Nick… I sent you a PM. But im a jackass and sent you the wrong link… It is a pack of 200 or so more textures that i optimized and there is a normal map for MOST of them. they are all terrain themed. Grasses, Rocks, Grounds, Sands. Its about 30mb. Ill resend the link, Ill post it here once your done with them.

Thanks
Terry

If you just optimized them, make SURE you know what license they all use. It’s really best to post original work for something like this.

Just uploaded the texture pack again. Have at it. http://www.savefile.com/files/1618540

Alright, a preview of the new textures. I’m going out of country for a week, so no updates until I have them in at least a week and a half’s time.

Thanks for the textures Dim, I’ll add them as soon as I can.

peace,
-nick

Attachments