New to BGE, Question about Music Visualisers

Hey guys!

Im not new to Blender but I’m totally new to the Blender Game Engine, I was wondering if it would be possible to create a Music visualiser in real time? I understand in Blender you can Bake sound information to properties such as scale and whatnot and then render out visualisations but I’m wondering if something similar can be achieved in the BGE.

Some background as to why I’m asking this.
I recently got an HTC Vive and i’m interested in using it to make an immersive VR music visualiser.
I’m just at the preliminary research phase right now for this project, any help would be MUCH appreciated, even if you could point me to a tutorial or resource that would help me, that would be amazing! Thanks :slight_smile:

or

you may need to include external libs in your blender distro- it’s sometimes as easy as copying/pasting but sometimes it can be more tricky.

Thank you so much for the links! Very useful! :slight_smile:

This is something I’ve been curious about as well. So far I’ve only found this: https://sites.google.com/site/khuuyjblend/home/blender/script/lipsync but have been unable to get it to work. Of course, its not involving the bge and its about lipsync but it seems most related to realtime sound sync…