New to Blender :) Finding dimensions in a model

Hi all. I’m new to Blender and am having a heck of a time trying to figure a lot of this out. I recently came across a file of something that I am interested in building at home. I figured out where the “scale units” are at but they are a little confusing. I guess what I am trying to do is get a specific measurement from one point to another. Is that something you can do? I have looked around in the tutorials but have not come across any info on it. Any suggestions would be much appreciated :eyebrowlift:

In Edit Mode, press N to display the panel on the right part of the 3D View
Scroll down until the “Mesh Display” tab, in this tab, scroll down a bit and see “Edge Length”, enable this.

Now in the 3D view, while being in vertice mode, select 2 vertices that are the 2 points from which you want to know the distance.
If those 2 points are not on the same edge, press F to create an edge between those 2 points (you can press CTRL+Z to undo it just after) , in the middle of that edge you will see the distance appear.

So I think you’re on the right track with what I am trying to do. I am getting an error when trying to make a face though. It says "not enough vertices to make a face. I really appreciate you helping though, it means a lot! Thank you!

To make a face you need 3 or 4 (or more if you’re using a Bmesh build) vertices selected then press F
To make an edge you need 2 vertices selected then press F