new to blender...really easy I'm sure

I’m sure this is the easiest thing in the world to accomplish but I can’t figure it out for the life of me. This picture would explain better than words. I want to create the path I drew in green:

http://www.fairlyinsignificant.com/curve.gif

I’m not sure I understand the question. Can you post back with more details on what you want to achieve?

I have the curve in yellow, I’m looking to duplicate it and offset it like the green line

I’m looking to create a lip on the edge of a model. because I have inside and outside curves on the path, I can’t just duplicate it and scale it to offset.

Treat it as two curves - duplicate/extrude/scale/tweak twice and then make face(s) to complete.

Pappy

If this is meant to become a mesh, not a curve or nurb object, you could leave it as 1 curve, then use the spin tool if it is going to be round, or the extrude tool if not. Next, use the Solidify Selection script to generate an offset. I tried using the script on verts and edges alone, but it doesn’t work. That is why you should either extrude or spin. Even if you get more than you want, you can always delete the extras.

See attachment - Bezier curve, converted to mesh (alt-c), Spun 90 degrees, and ran Solidify Selection script from mesh…scripts.

Attachments

Here’s how I do things like door edges with compound curves.

Step1 Extrude “beyond” the existing surface edge. Recalculate normals before the next step.

Attachments

Step 2. select the extruded area in Face mode and extrude it as “individual faces”
Step 2b. Alt “s” shrink/grow scale the extrude in the direction needed.

Attachments

Step 3. Select and delete the vertices’s that are beyond the original mesh edge

Attachments

Step 5. Merge the vertices’s “at center” to finish the new edge.

Pappy

Attachments

A script to do this would be VERY handy, anyone??

Pappy