New to blender

(Mars Alive) #1

Hey Guys, i re-created this Martian body from an image of Gazoo and also modeled my first human head to put on top of the cartoon type body, as you can see the feet are pointing outwards and i’m thinking they should probably be straight forward to rig it and the body probably needs to be straitened out also, just wondering if anyone has any tips on how i should do this, thank you

(Mars Alive) #2

looks like i might have to give up on this project, getting this error when trying to parent the model to armature
“bone heat weighting failed to find solution for one or more bones”
Can’t figure it out
or maybe if i can send the .blend file to someone to fix it for me tee hee :slight_smile:
Thanks everyone!!

(yogyog) #3

When you get an error message - search it :wink:

(Mars Alive) #4

I have been searching for 2 days now on how to fix this problem , i’m a noob in blender, would you be willing to take a look at my blend file?
thanks very much for taking the time to reply!

(kkar) #5

This can happen when there is an issue with the topology. What you can do is to split your model into logical pieces and rig them such and your model is sutitable for that. That is also easier to debug.

There is no rule that says that a rig has to be a monolithic thing.

(sundialsvc4) #6

It’s fairly-routine practice around here that, when you have a problem like this, you do post the blend-file or a (pasteall?) hyperlink to where it can be found. You’ll see lots of examples of this when you poke around.

"Welcome!"