New to Forums

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post on this forum. I’ve been visiting for a while though, and seen some great stuff!
I’m fairly new to Blender; been using it about a year, between learning a few other graphics programs at the same time. I still have a long way to go to learn the many features offered in Blender. I feel excited with the possibilities.
I have created a small number of works, and would like to share my most recent work.
Comments are welcomed. The full size image can be viewed at http://harijsgraphix.com/malfunction.html

“malfunction” is the name of the work.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

i like it, nice job!
if you want critique, the shape of the arms seems unnatural, though, now that i think about it, it’s not a human…
anyways i’d lower the arms so it looks more comfortable and make them more round.

Welcome to the forums.
The pose looks a little stiff and unnatural but other than that its a great job.

Thanks for your comments! Actually the arms are fairly round, but I added a flat area that is needed for the alien physiology: the flat areas aid in maintaining the proper body temperature similar to that of certain dinosaur species. As to the pose, it is deliberately stiff in order to emphasize that this is not a human body, and therefore does not conform to our expectations of pose.

Thanks for your comments as well!
Please see reply to venar303 for my explanation.