New to the community.

So I’ve been a Blender user for a few years now, a serious one for about the past two years. However I’ve never really been all that active in the community, not really sure what exactly has stopped me (you all seem like great people!) but it’s something I would like to change.

Not that much of an introduction is necessary I’d figured that I’d go on about myself for a minute for vanity’s sake.

About four or five years ago I discovered Blender while looking to learn 3D animation, something that I wanted to do since I saw Toy Story when I was a kid, this was reinforced when I saw the Pixar short One Man Band. So I set out to learn 3D and discovered Blender. I didn’t really learn to much at first but over the years I managed to learn enough to get accepted into a Video Game Art and Design program (Now Video Game Art and Design).

Although I was taught using Maya 2008 and 2011, I was always working at transferring those skills to Blender and still do most of my personal work using Blender. I’m due to graduate in two weeks, and am hoping to find work somewhere as an environment artist (my character skills need some work).

That’s about it I suppose. Please feel free to check out my website at www.timothyyoung.ca

Thanks For Reading

Welcome to the community and Good Luck!

Welcome.

Cool work and nice site as well, congrats on being so close to graduating. Im a year or 2 away from graduating in computer science (hopefully) Must be an exciting time for you.
Check out blenders game engine (BGE) if you havent already, good to see more game artists coming here.

Look forward to seeing more of your work in the future!

helllooo and welcome!

Thanks all for the welcome!

@AD-Edge
Thanks, I’ve put a lot of work into my site as well as the art that is on it. Unfortunately though I’m still at that stage where I feel that my art is still missing that special something, that will only come with time and practice.

As for the excitement of graduating it is indeed very exciting, but also very hectic. As of right now I have today and tomorrow and then I am done! I just wish I had more time to get things done.

Welcome to the forums. Nice work!

(you all seem like great people!) but it’s something I would like to change.

Why? Ha! Just kidding. I spied a nice out of context bit there…

Haha, I never even noticed that it read like that. At least my intentions are hopefully clear? Muhaha