New update,discovery;alien eye!!!

(rixtr66) #1

finally got the eye textures right,added an env.map,adjusted the lighting and added a few things,the eye now reflects what it sees.i used the unified render,it brings out the textures.thanx for the tips!
http://mysite.iptic.com/3dementia/discovery2.jpg

the scale is supposed to be a large eye,being.
anyway have a look!

rixtr

(S68) #2

Simply amazing…

Stefano

Only tip… maybe less flesh at eyes corner?

(BgDM) #3

Very impressive. I love the fleshy part.

Only thing I would suggest would be to add an env map to the actual eye ball to make it look more shiny/wet. Eyes do reflect as they are so wet.

BgDM

(kaktuswasse) #4

cool work,as usual… But i think the spec-map for your metal/rost texture isn’t ok yet.
It even “specs” at the rusty parts…

cya henrik

(paradox) #5

This thing is looking really cool.

Paradox

(VelikM) #6

Looks really great! Only thing, looks like it could use some eye drops, the eye looks dry.

(Hexa-dB) #7

That’s fantastic :slight_smile: The fleshy bits at the corners of the eye look really good!

Can I ask how you made the tube type things either side? That’s exactly what I need to make for my sentinel’s tentacles :wink:

(sten) #8

heh… :stuck_out_tongue:

great eyework :wink: !!

(rixtr66) #9

i made the hoses by extruding a subsurfed circle to the shape i wanted,then shift-duplicate,connect em,put in an armature with bones for each segment and viola!bendable hoses :smiley:

rixtr

(blengine) #10

whoa! hahahaha thats so cool rixtr, i see some masta in you :wink:

(Hexa-dB) #11

Hmm bones for each segment. I tried that but it gets a bit tricky with a really long (30-40 segment) tentacle :confused:

Maybe I should give my sentinel some little stumpy tentacles :slight_smile:

The updated version looks awesome by the way :smiley: :o

(S68) #12

Very nice scene :slight_smile:

Stefano

(BgDM) #13

Very impressive. Excellent job. The env map makes it look way better.

With thsis close up image, you can see the texture stretching around the ridge of the metal. But I am sure you will be able to fix that.

Great work!

BgDM