New user : Change background

Hi all,
I am rendering using blender’s in build renderer. I have few questions.

1. Which is better(faster and good qualiity) yafray or blender internal
  2. For blender interal renderer how to change the background color in rendered image.

Any other good suggestions for fast rendering. This is an intermediate rendering so, It should be faster, the final rendering in good quality I will do when my project is done.

Thanks
Deekshit M

1. Well, I’m not an expert on this, but Blender Internal is faster and can produce high quality images, however, Yafray is more capable of rendering reflections, glass, etc. However, it comes at a cost of time.

2. To change the background simply F5 in the buttons window. This will take you to the shading panel. Once there, click on the blue and white sphere next to the black and yellow circle. There you can change the color by moving the sliders of HoR. If you want a blended background, then you have to select Blend on the side and change the HoR and ZeG sliders. Hope that helped. Mess around with it a bit and you’ll get the hang of it.

It depends on the project that you are working on.

I like realism and perfection, so I choose Yafray for 95% of my renderings. It is a tad bit slower than than the Internal Renderer, but that is all based on the Yafray settings you choose.

Here’s the difference in Yafray LOW QUALITY and HIGHEST QUALITY…

Click to see comparison of 2 YafRay Images.

However, for animations and simple “Instructional Applications”, I’ll use the Internal Renderer.