new wanna be coder

i want to learn how to code in blender but i cant find any tutorial worth watching can someone please recommend one please

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Py/Scripts/Cookbook/Code_snippets

while not blender specific checkout thenewboston’s python tutorials on youtube for an in depth understanding of programming languages, he also has a personal site thats pretty good too.

i have started my own python book, its 50% complete —> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Kilon/Python_book_of_magic

I don’t know the differance between Blender coding and Python scripting, I think they are both the same thing? But if not,then I want to learn how to do Python scripting.

I think the previous posts above are outdated.
So, I was wondering if this was the right place to learn python and if this is the python blender uses?
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Non-Programmer%27s_Tutorial_for_Python_3
I am using Blender 2.62.
If that is not the right place to learn it, then is there another tutorial?

I don’t know the differance between Blender coding and Python scripting, I think they are both the same thing? But if not,then I want to learn how to do Python scripting.

I think the previous posts above are outdated.
So, I was wondering if this was the right place to learn python and if this is the python blender uses?
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Non-Programmer%27s_Tutorial_for_Python_3
I am using Blender 2.62.
If that is not the right place to learn it, then is there another tutorial?
William

@Morecrypto137 Blender is written is C and C++
Learn regular python first then learn Blender python.
I think MIT or Stanford University have video recordings of computer science lectures that you can watch for free on their websites( python based but towards the end I think they go into java)
Khan Academy has really in depth python videos
thenewboston has a ton of short python tutorials

If you want to learn how to code you have to practice everyday

hey,

if you wanne learn how to code (in blender) you should start of with learning C (plus plus), if you get that, there are no more mysteries!

If you know the reply to the question: “do you wanne program functionally or object oriented?” , then and only then you can start coding in blender!

regards

Hewi

One of the biggest mistake of python as a language is to describe itself as a scripting language. It is and also it is not. A scripting language normally operate inside the strict boundaries of an application, its made to modify to some extend that application. A programming language is to generate applications. Python can certainly do scripting but the boundaries are very blur because python is a full programming language.

Blender is written in C , Blender provides a Python API which is a collection of python functions that underneath they call the C functions of blender, for most users / coders this is the end of the story but for those that take a serious dive the rabbit hole goes alot deeper.

First you realise that you can go far beyond Blender because you can use any cpython 3 library. What is that you want ? To transforme blender into Excel or Word ? Insane ? Nope its completely doable , anything you imagine even if its not 3d related is doable.

The second thing you realise is that not only the scripting part is a blur but also the distiction between C and Python . C and Python are two vastly diffirent languages, they share similarities , python is also written in C , but python is alot easier to learn , much more readable yet more powerful. Its possible to call those C functions directly with ctypes library included with python, that means your addons can “inject” code and even “replace” those C functions which can have a profound effect on blender, you could for example enhance even the deep internals of cycles render engine using nothing more than an addon. Python and C play very well together.

One thing to remember

The only true power is knowledge. Once you posses it , you are unstopable.

Of course the best way to learning thing is through practice and starting from simple and then going to more complicate projects. Our brains stores information better when there is structure to our learning and we create relations and associations.

if you like irc there is also #blenderpython at freenode with many passionate blender python developers.