Newbee

Hi,
Have installed Blender 2.47 and intended to study and work with it as a new challenge (after GMAX). I know about Blender for years, but now I am decided to start with it. :yes:
See in the folder that there is a zipfile Python25. What to do with the content ?
Are there plugins I should install for basic modelling and texturing ?
What about the download of MD5 checksum ? There is for GMAX a script MD5.GMAX. Any relationship ?
I am intended to convert GMAX made scenery by exporting the files into Blender… and after that export the files to X-Plane. Exist there a tutorial for this operation and which files are needed en plus ?

Regards. José.

Python25.zip is fine just the way it is.

plugins and such:
http://www.blender.org/download/resources/

Checksums (at bottom of page)

Don’t know about the rest.

Welcome to the forum!

Nothing, don’t touch it, leave it zipped : in there are the minimal Python modules that you need to run the Python plugins that you got with your download of Blender.

Are there plugins I should install for basic modelling and texturing ?

Not for basics, Blender is quite complete by itself, don’t be fooled by its small size.
There are some texture plugins that you can find where the good man told you, and from time to time a nice modeling Python plugin pops up but you really won’t have to worry about that for months to come as you already have a lot to learn. GMax was a tiny little thing compared to Blender.

What about the download of MD5 checksum ? There is for GMAX a script MD5.GMAX. Any relationship ?

Checksums are just a mean to know if your download went well, if the file isn’t corrupted. You need to run a small utility at the command line to use it but, quite frankly the case is very rare and, anyway, if the file was corrupted chances are that Blender won’t even start.

I am intended to convert GMAX made scenery by exporting the files into Blender… and after that export the files to X-Plane. Exist there a tutorial for this operation and which files are needed en plus ?

Don’t know either.