Newbie 2d Image Render Question

Hello,

I am a COMPLETE newbie with Blender. I am not a 3d artist, and have a specific need/use for Blender. My question is pretty basic however I am having a hard time finding an answer…

I want to import a 2d photo or texture on a flat plane, and then simply use Blender’s camera(s) to pan across it. I want to output the resulting file as some sort of video/animation to use in a NLE. Am I better off using a different kind of application? I’ve been told that it’s something fairly simple to do in a 3d program.

Thanks!!!
seamlessguy (Don)

this is fairly easy

what you should do is map the image to a plane, and set the plane to “shadeless”
then, animate an orthographic camera with a path or with keyframes

hope that helps

this is fairly easy
what you should do is map the image to a plane, and set the plane to “shadeless”
then, animate an orthographic camera with a path or with keyframes
Sheesh, he just said he was a newbie :stuck_out_tongue: go easy on him :slight_smile:

Okay, There’s a cool script that does this automagically - and scales your images/videos for you.
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=99626

Here’s a blend with that python script attached. (if you see text instead of a GUI in the right, press ALT +P to run the script)
just find your pics and you should be good to go :slight_smile:

for outputting it to a video for later use, AVI jpeg works the best (it’s the most compatible) , otherwise, use FFMPEG / Quicktime MOV in the render settings
if you need to do this thing again in the future, just download the script and put it in your .blender/scripts folder
k, hope that helps
-amdbcg

Attachments

picthing.blend (51.2 KB)