Newbie again. Needs help

Hi I have not used blender for about 5 years an the ui has changed a bit. I need another toolbar, the one that has the multipliers (I think) It is where you can turn a cube onto a sphere by going up levels ie: 1,2,3 etc. Also how do i get rid of the animation toolbars that open up as a default.
Cheers and thanks

Modifiers ? Look in the properties window and press the spanner icon at the top which says ‘Modifiers’ when you hover your mouse over it. What you are looking for is the Subdivision Surface modifer.

Also how do i get rid of the animation toolbars that open up as a default.
You mean the timeline ? Merge the windows (RMB on window border to split/join) and then save as default Ctrl+U
I’d suggest you spend time looking through the interface it is very straight forward as long as you make the effort. Any questions you have I can assure you have all been asked before numerous times so make use of the forum search.

There’s also the 2.5 user manual. It’s not complete yet, but should still help you getting into the new Blender.

It’s worth persevering. I’m new as well. Always had trouble with the UI style when I last checked out Blender. Now I find I can intuitively find out how to navigate the UI if I believe that I can, whereas before I always ended up in some purely Blender ways of doing things dead end.