Newbie...am I on the right track?

I am planning to do a 3D head model and video to depict a surgical procedure. These are the steps that I would like to take:

1. Create a 3D head (or download one). Ideally, it would appear to be a human head with skin, etc.
  2. The 3D head should be able to rotate around
  3. A simulated wound would appear on the nose
  4. Surgical repair would be simulated
  5. Finally, the repaired 3D head would rotate around again.

I have a pretty powerful PC and the following software.

Autodesk 3ds Max 2011 (trial version)
FaceGen (trial)
Faceshop Pro
Pinnacle Studio Ultimate V12
Adobe Creative Suite CS4 (Photoshop does some 3D)

Given the above, is my project possible? If not, does anyone have any suggestions?

Any information or suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks!

mountainbear1

if you yourself dont know whether you can complete this project or not than most likely you still have a lot to learn.

Thanks for your input. Yes, I do know that I can complete it, I just want to know if I have the right tools…

The simple fact that you do not know that much does not bode well in my mind for you completing this successfully.

Do you have any experience with any 3D software programs? Let alone the Trial versions you seem to want to use. Have you ever attempted anything of this scale before?

If you want to know if you have the right tools, then yeah, I’m fairly certain the tools you have could get the job done, but that won’t get you much if you can’t use em proper.

Basically, you’ve asked us to make a judgment call on your skill level without providing us any means of judging it. So maybe post some of your previous work and we can start there.

You could do what you’re asking with a pencil and a bunch of paper.

Or, you know, with blender…

I have a pretty powerful PC and the following software.

Autodesk 3ds Max 2011 (trial version)
FaceGen (trial)
Faceshop Pro
Pinnacle Studio Ultimate V12
Adobe Creative Suite CS4 (Photoshop does some 3D)

Yes, your project will be possible, but why on earth are you asking this here instead of a 3ds Max forum?

Welcome on Board!

Like many have already said you have all the tools you need. Obviously Autodesk 3ds Max 2011 will do most the work for you, especially if you’re buying a model of a 3d head. I would check the trail license to make sure you won’t have any problems then rendering, sometimes the trail software will limit you.

If your going to be creating your project in 3d Max you are going to want to direct your questions to a different forum like CG Talk there are alot of Max users over there. Or you can work in Blender and I’m sure many people here would be able to help.

Expect lots of drama when P90X DVD and P90X DVD set reveal this year’s Emmy nominations on Thursday morning – P90X DVD boxset that won’t come just from the 2009-10 season’s trophy-worthy acting and writing, but also from the P90X Extreme trends that have driven this year’s TV.

P90X Extreme Home Fitness and innovation seen in new comedies (notably, ‘P90X DVD’ and Vergara’s ‘P90X DVD set’), the farewells of many veteran series (including ‘P90X DVD set,’ 'P90X DVD boxset ’ and ‘P90X Extreme’), the continuing rise of additional cable channels besides P90X DVD boxset as destinations for quality scripted shows P90X DVD – all of these could shake up the often stodgy choices of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences voters.

How will these dramas P90X DVD boxset play out in this year’s nominations? What trends should TV fans watch for when P90X DVD set read the list? Here is our guide to the burning questions we’d like to see answered as the P90X DVD boxset heads into the final stretch.?Will the newbies seize the spotlight? The P90X Extreme are generally considered slow to recognize new shows and P90X Extreme Home Fitness, but this time the appeal and popularity of some of the freshman class seem too apparent to P90X DVD, particularly in comedy.
P90X DVD set’ and ‘P90X Extreme’ seem especially well-poised to take some of the top slots this year, and ‘P90X Extreme Home Fitness’ villain Jane Lynch seems a shoo-in for a win in the supporting actress P90X Extreme. On the other hand, don’t expect too many nominations for individual performers from either show P90X Extreme Home Fitness. Lynch and Lea Michele aside, it’s hard to pick breakout performers from ‘P90X DVD’s’ strong ensemble, and the ‘P90X DVD set’ cast, in a move of quixotic solidarity, have all submitted their names as supporting players, so votes for P90X DVD boxset are likely to cancel each other out.