Newbie in Asset Creation - Am I messing up my game?

Hello,

Please excuse my poor english, I am speaking it only as a second language.

Intro: I am learning to create Assets for a 3D RPG based on Unity.
It is a third Person view game, with a medium realistic Graphic.
I am using Blender 2.8 to create the Assets and no external Tools for it yet.
The Textures are all PBR Textures from Textures.com.

I am pretty new to Blender, and i am happy for every help, i can get.

This is one Part of a bigger House with many materials and Elements.
To ease the understanding of my actual Workflow,
this is how i set the textures up. I am a new User and cant upload many pictures,
so I cutted them together, sorry for this.

I have created Vertex Groups to assing the 2 materials to the Object
using the PBR Textures from Textures.com

To import it to unity I have take the texture files and the blend file and work with them in this raw condition.

To get a deeper Look, I have the textures and blend file uploadet and you find it here:

workupload . com/archive/X38L6RF

I am very thankful if you could give me tips what to improve and if my strange UV Mapping
really has as impact to the game.
I have never seen a professional done Asset and how the textures are organized as files.
I really need a explanation How real Game Creators deal with it.

Thank you very much for reading it completely.

Your workflow is mostly okay, but only as an interim step, not as a final step.

My first recommendation is, normal maps distributed with textures are rarely going to be right on anything any more complicated than a plane. This is because of how tangents are used by normals maps. I would recommend converting these to bump maps temporarily (eventually, you can bake them back to normals, which are faster and don’t have the magnification artifacts you get with bump mapping). You can use http://charles.hollemeersch.net/njob/ to convert normal maps to bump maps (free tool, there are plenty of commercial alternatives though.)

Second, most games are eventually going to start with what you have, but their final textures are likely to be “texture atlases,” which is basically one big texture that contains the textures for many objects. That can improve performance tremendously when dealing with a large number of objects in a scene.