Newbie Question: Modeling a Pyramid

Hi,

I'm a newbie to Blender and 3d Modeling in general.  I've been teaching myself to use Blender with Wartmann's book.

I'm trying to model a Pyramid with four sides.  Should be a farily simple task, however I can't seem to be able to pull it off, what I was trying to do was start with a plane, subdivide it, then, using the PET tool, move the resulting middle vertex upwards on the z axis, create the Pyramid.  The problem I'm having is that when I subdivide the plane, the vertices that are connected to the middle vertex are the ones created when the plane was subdivided.

So what I think I need to do is somhow connect the middle vertex with the original four vertices on the plane, but I don’t know how to do that.

If one of the pro’s here could give me a hint on how to accomplish this or can offer a better way of modeling a pyramid I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Heffel

I would do it like this:

1. [x] (delete the default plane),
  2. Shift_a > Mesh > Cube (Add a cube),

Note: You should be in edit mode with all the vertices selected.

1. Press Numpad_1 to switch to front view,
  2. Press [a] to de-select all the vertices,
  3. Press [b] for box select and snap around the top 4 vertices (only 2 are visible),
  4. Press [s] to scale and scale down to 0 (Hold down Ctrl for coarse increments).
    and 7. Press [w], [4] to remove doubles.

Tried it, worked flawlessly. Thanks.

Heffel

i got a way that seems easier:
add>mesh>cone
4 vertices

gives you a perfect pyramid no fuss

Tried that too, awsome.

Thanks,
Heffel

Good One banana_sock