Newbie Question

Hello, I have a client who wants to make a marvelous designer 3 animation so it can be viewed online. However MD 3 doesn’t provide an file format which that can be done in. I was told Blender would be a huge help but I can’t figure out how to get the animation open in blender. I tried import with on luck, I can’t seem to find the file format I need. I read I might need a extension import_mdd.py but wanted to check here first. I can’t find where to download extension either. I can export the animation in Maya format and thought there might be a way to open that format in blender. I can export .mdd, .anm, .mtl and a .pc2. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I need to open the runway animation and convert to web friendly animation or movie.

Thank you
Kimberly

Once you load Blender, select File->User Preferences->Addons->Import/Export->Import-Export Pointcache Exporter (.pc2) and then select File->User Preferences->Addons->Import/Export->Import-Export NewTek MDD Format. See if you can import the .mdd or .pc2 (File->Import function) file.