NEWS: ResPower Announces Unlimited Blender 3D Rendering!

See the whole press release here:

ResPower Announces Unlimited Blender 3D Rendering on their 700 node render farm

Best Regards,
Early Ehlinger
President, ResPower, Inc.

i’m a blender noob, but i looked at the respower site and signed up (since it’s only 20 bucks a month.) i was running through the tutorial i found on the blender site about the “ride through the mines.” after i had it all worked out on my computer, i uploaded a 500 frame animation to respower and all of my frames finished perfectly in 7 minutes! i couldn’t believe it. here’s the animation if you want to see what you can make in 7 minutes with respower and blender. roller-coaster.vdub.avi

i’m amazed. happy blendering everybody!

:expressionless: Isn’t this already mentioned in another topic?

Actually, there was another thread from somebody who noticed that we were planning to do this. I felt it was appropriate to post a new thread with a more official (and easy to visually filter out w/ the NEWS: subject) since the prior thread was geared toward speculation, whereas this one, well… isn’t.

Ah, that explains it. Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks guys! Now I can afford to make that animated short and not grow old doing it!

Nice to see a rep from respower here, so if you’d be so kind. I have a few questions about this:

First off, it’s really a great offer but why? Won’t other 3D app users kinda be upset?

Secondly, how long can you guys keep this kinda offer on the table? If you get a good response, which I can’t see why you wouldn’t since it seems like a great deal, wouldn’t a huge usage of your service start to clog your network?

Also worth noting that it’s $20, $40 and $60 depending on how fast you need your stuff rendered.

I guess I shouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth though but I’m just not trusting anymore. Don’t get me wrong, once I have some projects that need alot of frames I’m thinking about signing up myself. And while I can’t speak for anyone but myself, I can’t be the only one who really appreciates you guys doing this.

No problem.

Why? We’ve been scratching our heads for a while about how to price Blender support. This structure seemed to be a reasonable solution - price it in such a way that enthusiasts/hobbyists could use it effectively.

Other users getting upset - I don’t think so. The $20/40/60 thing also lays out a priority scheme. I.e., since you’re paying so much less than the other users, your stuff will be rendered when there aren’t other users. The good news for you is that this works out to “most of the time.” Now, they may want to have the same offer and they’re welcome to petition us for it. If there’s enough demand, we may end up switching over to a render-buffet for everything.

Problems like the network getting clogged are much less of a concern than the problem of nobody taking advantage of this offer. If we have enough subscribers, we can afford to fix any networking issues that might arise. Most of those types of issues are completely ironed out anyways.

I’m glad to hear you feel that way. BTW, don’t forget - you can render as little as a single frame using our farm, so you can use it to render stuff in the background while you keep blending.

– Early Ehlinger, President, ResPower, Inc.

Well that makes sense and I’m sure you’ll see those petitions soon. While I’m not a business man myself, I can’t help but think that someday not too far away, as CPU cycles get cheaper this is the model all render farms will take. You could be setting a trend, who knows.

Although that’s true it’d be useful for single frames aswell as large projects, being the hobbyist that I am, I only have dial-up so for that it’s not really pratical, for me.

Thanks and best of luck to you guys, hope it goes well as it’ll be nice for all of us.

Hey, this is really great.

I was wondering if you could answer a quick question of mine, though.

From your site:

Super/Blender™ Bronze
Unlimited job submission for $20.00 per month.
Frames are allotted 15 minutes to complete.
Jobs run at a lower priority than Silver subscription jobs.

When you say “frames are allotted 15 mins to complete”, what do you mean? Is this 15 mins on a single machine, and what happens if a frame would take longer than this? Is it rejected, or done in 15 min chunks?

Thanks,
Ian

guenevere_rags2, earlye, hurdygurdy and blender_phan posted from the same IP address.

Locked this thread.

we don’t appreciate spamming.

Timothy