Nif Import of Bodymodels and Vertex Group Transformation

I am new to the whole modeling scene and therefore don’t know much about general techniques and procedures. I am trying to import an edited fallout3 bodymodel into blender, so I can edit the NiTriShape like in NifSkope. Although I can see the different NiTriShapes in the Vertex Groups window in blender, it seems like I can’t select or transform them. I tried different import settings, not knowing exactly which one is right. Is there a way to transform these NiTriShapes (or Vertex Groups as they seem to be called in blender) seperately and if, how would I do this? I’d be grateful for every tiny hint. Thanks!

Is my question too easy or too specific? I can post more information if required. I would love to know how to do this (if it is possible)

I’m not experienced with Fallout, but I have quite some experience with Oblivion (which also uses the gamebryo engine). I assume you mean with NiTriShapes the weight painting of the model. In that case, you can try thistutorial.

I assume you mean with NiTriShapes the weight painting of the model. In that case, you can try thistutorial.

NiTriShape is just what it is called in NifSkope and since I am completely new to this, I didn’t know what it was called in Blender. I am not at my home pc right now, so I can’t post a screenshot of the actual file, but this is what I am talking about:
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/1032/tut99nw.jpg
In the Block Details window you can see this information: Translation, Rotate, Scale. You can change thess for every single NiTriShape and this is exactly what I need to do with Blender (since NifSkope will not save the changes to the game for some reason which I still haven’t grasped). Since the Vertex Groups in Blender have the exact same names as the NiTripShapes in NifSkope, I naturally assumed this is where I need to start looking. The link you provided actually looks like it could help me advance a bit further, I will take a look at this once I am back home. It just seems that this method will lack the possibility of moving single NiTriShapes along coordinates like you can with NifSkope. I will try this tonight!

Thank you so far, at least I’ve got some hope again :slight_smile: