Night in the woods

It was supposed to be a photogrammetry exercise but after I added the dinosaur a nice picture came out.
the trees and the ground are scans of objects in the park in my neighborhood. some of the scans are used to make lowpoly objects (with quadremesher), while some of the scans are used to make seamless pbr textures, which can be used on any objects.

Edit. Another render with scaned trees.

77 Likes

Looks good!

1 Like

A dangerous mother! :face_with_thermometer:

Well done!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Feathers? The sauropod is debatable, but the other two would have had (proto)feathers. I think those are two Gallimimus’s in the second image, and those would have had a feather coat almost certainly.

And it is quite doubtful that they would attack a giant sauropod like that either as shy herbivores.

Other that these to niggles, really nice renders and work.

2 Likes

Excelente!!!

1 Like

Did you use any volumetrics in rendering or is the sense there might be some added in compositing, photoshop, etc? Because the “moodiness” is super strong, can only imagine it being pushed further (like your poor CPU/GPU) with mist.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Not volumetrics. I chose the simplest solution. There are two planes in the scene with a shader with an alpha value of 0.59

1 Like

Awesome. The internet needs more dino art!

2 Likes

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #animals category! You can vote for it here.