Night of the Living Dead Pixels - Suzanne Awards winner

I orinigally watched it on youtube, and then i downloaded the 1024x526 version, and I noticed that his neck (when he opens the fridge) is kinda odd, like it folds in a way that creates some sort of “crack” or “hole”. Anyway that bugged me a little.

As others have said, I loved the animation, but was a bit distracted by the protagonist’s face topology.

That was made of pure awesome :smiley:

the seam in the face was a little minus… but no one will escape the power of LEMMINGS!

moar!

I never actually played Lemmings (although I did play Pingus) but it’s still funny! Good work!

PS- how come the guy stockpiles lumber in his bathroom?

@PlantPerson: Well he wanted to build a second toilette :smiley: To advance the story of course.

I love it!

But the facial animations needs work. The part when he was angry at the game, was not convincing at all.
Also I think the first 2 mins where he was sorta walking around being bored, channel surfing then playing games, then morning rolling around, could all be edited out, as it didn’t advance the story at all. And remember: when the character is bored, so is the audience!
But thankfully that was at the beginning, because the rest rocked!! The story was simple yet effective. And I really digged the lighting you used in the living room! Not so much outside, or in the bathroom, but still, it was very good!

4/5

nice, love it. That’s why I quit drinking wine out of a box.

I agree with the comments on the model. The blinks at the start didn’t look natural either. Great camera work and style. Aside from the start the animation was A+

genius!! pure genius! that guy reminds me of a chap i used to live with! some great laughs in this! I loved the winebox! and the lemming getting impaled…lordy!very funny stuff! 10/5 *

Whaha… very nice one :smiley: 5/5, only crit I found was face + he could have had some kinda tex on his shirt, it looked like plastic I think

Waouh ! It’s very good, i like it :slight_smile: Very nice staging, good ideas, the camera is perfect ! Very funny, good music, just one word: bravo !

2 questions:

• how did you made the lights ? AO and Rayspot ?
  • how did you made DOF ? Defocus node ?

Thanks for this good moment ! I forgot it’s made with blender, i just watched a good movie :slight_smile:

Thanks for the comments guys! :slight_smile: Glad you like our work.

I think most of the things you’ve pointed out, like the crease in the character’s face, is stuff that we’re aware of as well. Rather than go back and fix things though, we wanted to get this out the door and move on to new projects. Not trying to make excuses, just pointing it out. :slight_smile:

dono: The lighting is mostly AO and a big, bright sun with raytraced shadows outside the window. A few lights in the bathroom and nighttime living room too. It’s probably hugely inefficient, but I really like the way the lighting looks. :slight_smile:

The DoF is all nodes, mainly Defocus. It starts to look horrible when you have an out-of-focus object close to the camera though, so in those cases the object in question is given its own render layer, gaussian blurred and composited on top of the rest. Works surprisingly well.

• peter

its a good idea and it looks good but i dont get the plot. why do the dead pixles drop dowh from the celing?, why do thay try to kill the main guy?.

in the last scene the time spent falling seems to long, and the drinking anamation is to static.

amazing dude!!!

Awesome. Up until now I never truly realised how ominous Lemmings and their endless march to oblivion really is.

Great work!!! 5 stars!